Beginners Dp9 swap from last year ? Finally it's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners Dp9 swap from last year ? Finally it's done

or was it the year before? Anybody remember? Charm squares with Kona black in the middle?

Anyways, it took me awhile to figure out what to do with all those blocks and these blocks were just not speaking to me, at all!

BUT, my husband kept asking when I was going to finish it....he loved it (And I'm not sure how much he loved it or was just irritating me about it ) anyways I finally added some more blocks to the ones from the swap, added some more Kona black to it and sent it away to MSQC. First time I've ever sent a quilt away, but I was not liking this quilt and I just wanted it done! done! done! and off my todo list!

SO it came back today and guess what....Carol, who did the quilting, worked her magic and WOW, I really like it! It's a real quilt instead of a bunch of blocks that I really didn't know what to do with!

The pics were taken in my sewing room in the basement, not the best light, but I tried to show the blocks, so the other swappers could see their blocks and I wanted you to be able to see the awesome quilting Carol did on this quilt! She turned it into a real quilt! O, husband likes his quilt! (and the end of story)
    Attached Files

Re: Beginners Dp9 swap from last year ? Finally it's done

That is beautiful.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Beautiful and it's a very colorful and cheerful quilt. The black really makes the blocks pop. Glad your hubs is happy,

Comment

I love how you laid that out. This place is so inspiring.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Wow, Sue, that came out gorgeous!! I really like the blocks but love that quilting. They should name that FMQ'ing "Champagne Bubbles". Great job all around!
          Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

I like the way that turned out and the circle quilting pattern as well. I have a bunch of fabrics with polka dots to make a quilt and want that quilting pattern, even though they say use circular on linear pattern.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

That is such a cool way to lay out this block! It makes it look so different than most of the other quilts that use this pattern! I love the bubble quilting! It is really a great quilt!

Comment

Thanks! I love the bubbles too!

I have left it hanging on the wall so I can touch it….LOL. It's pretty darn big. I think the blocks ended up being about 15 in.

It always amazes me how quilting and a binding just change everything! A good lesson in hanging in there….

Comment

I really like the way you laid this out. I had to look at it for a minute to see what you did...it is a completely different look. It's always great to see the finished project. And you did a great job on this one!
                  LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Colorful and really beautiful.
                    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Love your lay out and sashing! Gives it a completely different look!
                      I threw mine together without much thought.
                      Yours is lovely !

Funny how different they can be!
                      image.jpg
                      Our dog is a photo bomber!
                      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say I love the lay out too! Looks awesome!!!
                        ~Kathy~

Comment

That is an awesome layout - I would not have thought of that one! Love the quilting too. Love this creative outlet of quilting - seeing the same fabrics and blocks, but arranged differently is amazing. 2 great quilts from that swap!
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

That is one fantastic quilt. It is really spectacular.

Comment

Beautiful quilt. I like the neat quilting.

Comment

Working...
                              X