Look what 2 charm packs will make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what 2 charm packs will make

This 'N That 2 charm pack lap quilt, not finished yet. Any ideas on finishing it will be appreciated as well as quilting design ideas.

IMG_3915 (726x800).jpg
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: Look what 2 charm packs will make

I like that a lot - cheery!

Comment

I'd do a white inner border and a colored border of one of the fabrics in the "This and That" line.

Comment

Wow, what a pretty quilt! I think I would go with a white and then pick a fabric that you like...I'm seeing the green with the white dots or the blue with the dots stand out...or no border and a black and white stripped binding.

Comment

I would like the blue dots but it's not available, neither is the red, that leaves me with the green dots or the yellow dots. I like the idea of using a dotted fabric though, would make it a fun quilt.

Comment

That is VERY nice. If you do not need it any bigger, I would just go with a simple contrasting binding, no border at all.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I love it!
              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Right now it's 45x50, I will be putting a white sashing around it for starters. How about the white sashing, a 2" coordinating fabric then a 4" white border then a coordinating binding?

Comment

I like Bright and cheery

Comment

Really nice.
                    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Love the quilt top! What about a thin border of one of the deeper colors & then a piano key border made from the scraps. Or maybe no borders and use a bright color binding. It will look great no matter what you decide!
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Any chance of finding a red polka-dot fabric that would coordinate with the red in the quilt? I'd bind it in a red polka dot without any borders. Terrific quilt!

Comment

Oh, wow... I really like this quilt... I'd probably just bind it....unless I wanted it bigger... Then, I would do the white sashing, and a wider border in one of the fabrics in the quilt.... It's a happy quilt.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Great job. That is one of my favorite lines of fabric. I like the idea of no border and just a white binding to keep the focus on the colored strips of fabric.

Comment

Gosh, so many wonderful suggestions, lots to think about, I guess I'll have to make more quilts like this to incorporate them all. I love this fabric line too, it was a DD + 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X