new favorite accessory....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new favorite accessory....

I was able to go to a shop out in Gig Harbor two weeks ago. They were having an open house w/demos by Martelli. I purchased a pad to put under my machine that prevents vibrations and movement and with it came a pad to go under the foot pedal to do the same. I am one of those persons who is always chasing around the foot pedal and having to move it back to it's rightful spot. Since I put that down, it has not moved a fraction of an inch!!

Pat is very happy!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: new favorite accessory....

a couple of my girls in sewing class have gotten the pad for under the machines. They use the non slip drawer liner stuff under the foot pedals. Glad they have been working for you. My sewing room is carpeted but my pedal still slips until it reaches the wall , my solution was a block of wood against the wall to keep the pedal from going that far.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

hmmmmmmm! I asked Monkeyman over a year ago to make something for me and he still hadn't! I even game him plans! So what did he say as I was opening the package and he wanted to know what it was? Do you still want me to make that thing for your foot pedal.......uh no!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        hmmmmmmm! I asked Monkeyman over a year ago to make something for me and he still hadn't! I even game him plans! So what did he say as I was opening the package and he wanted to know what it was? Do you still want me to make that thing for your foot pedal.......uh no!
        LOL Men what do we do we need them and love them but sometimes...
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I need to do this. It sure would help a lot.
          ~ Tracy

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I get tired of chasing mine and it is on carpet.

Comment

Good idea! I am height challenged, (or so my 6'4 son tells me), and there have been a few times that I have had my chin on the sewing table trying to extend my leg far enough to reach the run away pedal. Might need to investigate this!

Comment

I had one of those flimsy ones, but it never really worked well. I have been using this one three days now and it has not moved a fraction of an inch!! I love it!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Iris Girl;485348 my solution was a block of wood against the wall to keep the pedal from going that far.[/QUOTE]

Too funny..that's exactly my solution also !
                  :icon_wave: Lynn

Comment

Yay for you, Pat!!!!! I have polished floors, and have also been chasing the pedal around the floor. Glad you can stop doing that now.
                    HUGS,
                    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

I put a strip of self adhesive hook velcro on my foot pedals and they stick to the carpet. I have icky carpet in my sewing room so I don't care if it roughs up the carpet.

Comment

I don't have an answer for sewing machines, but I put a mouse pad under my serger.

Comment

Pat, I will be visiting Tacoma this summer to see my new grandbaby. Any quilt shops in Tacoma I should check out while there?
                          Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Bubba,
                            Does that foot pedal pad just sit on the floor or does it have some sort of adhesive on it? I have a Koala cabinet, but my foot pedal still moves around.

Comment

There is no adhesive on it at all. It just stays put because of the stuff it's made of. At the demo, the set for the machine mat andt he pedal mat was $30, compared to $40. I think you can also buy them separately if you don't want/need both.

Martelli Catalog: Get-A-Grip Pads for Machine and Foot-Pedal
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X