Want to see my very first quilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to see my very first quilt?

See if you can spot the mistakes, and yes there are more than one. I had taken this to the quilter to ask her opinion on some of the mistakes I made, I didn't intend to have it quilted, she said it would look fine after it was quilted, she lied. lol

IMG_3282 (532x800).jpg
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: Want to see my very first quilt?

Looks very nice! An ambitious project for your first. Good job
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I think it looks very nice. I do see a few mistakes, mostly just squaring up things. Your piecing looks great. We learn something new from everything we make. Even after 40 years of quilting I am still learning something new with every project.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Absolutely we want to see your efforts, sweetie! And don't be so hard on yourself...my goodness, if you looked at some of my attempts, you would see mistakes too. It's how we learn!
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

That's a wonderful first quilt! The only issue I see is that some of your points were cut off. Every quilt we make teaches us something, even if you have been quilting for decades. Be very proud of your quilt!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yes, cutting off my points was a biggie, I also did the bottom two stars backwards. After making several quilts I still can't square them worth a darn.

Comment

We all make mistakes. I have a quilt in my album right now that I was showing the pic to someone and noticed two of the blocks are in the wrong spot. You know dozen of forum members have looked at that quilt and no one has pointed it out. Why? Because everyone here is so nice or no one but me sees it. While the first is true I think it's the second. So I've accepted I'm not perfect and moved on. Now let me just say I think your quilt is wonderful!
              sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I love making these stars. I don't know why, but I just think they are fun to look at. You have made a wonderful quilt.

Comment

You are your own worst critic. I think it is a great quilt, let alone first quilt. If you want a perfect quilt, I suggest you go to a department store and purchase one, you know the ones made by machines. LOL! If anyone else notices the two reversed squares, just tell them it is a test to see how observant they are.

I also would bet you won't be likely to reverse squares in a different project now. It looks pretty good to me!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yes, I am my own worse critic, I'm usually disappointed with almost everything I make but once it's quilted I get a whole new perspective. I have been working on a queen size disappearing 9 patch, wow, what a job, but I must say, it's almost perfect but it was so cumbersome to do that I grew to hate it, took it to the quilters with no border and just a sheet for backing.

Now mind you, I have a ton of money in this thing already but I just wanted it over, now out of sight I have a different perspective, I've told her not to quilt it that I am going to put a border on it and I am buying coordinating fabric for the back. This one is for me and I figure I already have so much money in it that a few more $$$$ will only enhance it. I keep telling myself, I will learn to love it, I will learn to love it, I will learn ......

I do learn from my mistakes, I have a philosophy, if you have to learn your lessons the hard way, at least learn them.

Comment

I think it looks really good. Just think of it this way ~ They are not mistakes. They are strategically placed character.
                      Jenni :icon_wave: :icon_evil:

Comment

Leah, do not fret. The wind was blowing a different direction down south. Love what you've done.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

She did not lie! It looks GREAT!!!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Well, I think it's great and if that's your first quilt, you did an awesome job - much better than my first quilt. I learned a lot on that quilt.
                            sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Leah, I think it looks great... whether a first quilt or not, you did a beautiful job on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X