Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lunch tote.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    lunch tote.

    I think I'm hooked on making insulated lunch totes!
    Attached Files

    #2
    Re: lunch tote.

    So very cute!
    Beth

    Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: lunch tote.

      that's awesome - I have some patterns that I really want to try for these... of course I have lots of patterns that I REALLY want to try!! (focus, woman, focus)

      Comment


        #4
        Re: lunch tote.

        Love this! Never done this but both DD's could use one. Is the pattern down-loadable or can you tell me about it? Thanks.- Lilly

        Comment


          #5
          Re: lunch tote.

          I really like these! What do you use for the insulation? Anything besides the batting?
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

          Comment


            #6
            Re: lunch tote.

            Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
            I really like these! What do you use for the insulation? Anything besides the batting?
            Yes Patt I use what they call "insulbright". It's an insulated batting used for potholders,oven mitts etc. Very easy to work with.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: lunch tote.

              Love your bag! I've made several insulated bags a little larger and they're really nice for groceries in the warm weather. I just can't make them too big or the check-out clerk will try to fit 5,000 lbs of food in one bag. LOL

              Comment


                #8
                Re: lunch tote.

                Love those fabrics!!
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: lunch tote.

                  My DD has just started a new job and would love one of these bags for those lunchtime/snacktime foods. It looks like your lining is just fabric. Would there be a need to make it with laminated fabric to make it waterproof?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: lunch tote.

                    I would love to try and make one. Did you go by a pattern?
                    ~ Tracy

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: lunch tote.

                      What a super project and really pretty fabrics too.
                      I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                      Lorraine

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: lunch tote.

                        Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                        Love your bag! I've made several insulated bags a little larger and they're really nice for groceries in the warm weather. I just can't make them too big or the check-out clerk will try to fit 5,000 lbs of food in one bag. LOL
                        That's hilarious... 5000 lb of food!!! That cracked me up!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: lunch tote.

                          Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                          My DD has just started a new job and would love one of these bags for those lunchtime/snacktime foods. It looks like your lining is just fabric. Would there be a need to make it with laminated fabric to make it waterproof?
                          I guess you could use laminated fabric if you thought it would get moist. I never use it because I use sealed containers or ziplock bags when I pack my lunches

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: lunch tote.

                            It's adorable!


                            Sandy from Cincinnati


                            AKA Kermit

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: lunch tote.

                              I love those and think you could sell these if you hang out in any lunch rooms.
                              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X