Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violin case blanket....thanks again Kathy!!(aka bkthomas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violin case blanket....thanks again Kathy!!(aka bkthomas)

I had finished this a while ago, the fabric was a super sweet PIF gift I got from Kathy
    Today was my niece her birthday and I finaly gave it to her.
    She was thrilled, she loved it so much she said all her friends now would want one...
    She is a sweetie, she turned 13 today, i am her godmother (is that the real word??) and I love her to death

Well that was a lot of family stuff this week, friday is my son in law his birhday, so we keep celabrating!!

Here are some pictures..... thanks thanks thanks again Kathy today you made a sweet birthday girl very happy!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Klasien; March 4, 2014, 01:51 PM.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Violin case blanket....thanks again Kathy!!(aka bkthomas)

Nice! What a great idea.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Love that!!!

Comment

That is such a cool idea! My dd was in canoe paddling and I made all the girls covers for the oars, for the bottom not the whole thing. lol I wish I took a picture. It was the same shape as yours.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Such a cute idea and musical fabrics! Way to go.........I love it.

Comment

Awwww.....Klasien, You are so Welcome!!!
            That makes me very happy to see these pics and to know that I could be of help to you!
            Thanks for sharing these photos....I have wondered a little!

Please, tell us her name....she is adorable.....tell her I said Happy Birthday!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
              Awwww.....Klasien, You are so Welcome!!!
              That makes me very happy to see these pics and to know that I could be of help to you!
              Thanks for sharing these photos....I have wondered a little!

Please, tell us her name....she is adorable.....tell her I said Happy Birthday!
              Her name is Roosmarijn......in English that would be: Rosemary.
              She is a sweetie isn't she!!!!!!!

Comment

That is so sweet. That's the same fabric I used to make my piano runner. Love that fabric. Your niece is so cute and isn't it wonderful that she loves it so much. And, yes, I believe godmother is the word you are looking for. Let the birthday celebrations continue!!
                Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

What a great gift for your aspiring niece. You can tell by the photo, that she loves it.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

What a wonderful gift, Klasien!!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a wonderful aunt you are! Yes, Godmother is a word.
                      My friends call me Peggy
                      The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Klasien, can you tell me where you found the pattern for the violin case blanket? I'd love to make some for the violinists I know! (My DD#10, her very close friend, and their teacher). Thanks! Yours is beautiful, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                          Klasien, can you tell me where you found the pattern for the violin case blanket? I'd love to make some for the violinists I know! (My DD#10, her very close friend, and their teacher). Thanks! Yours is beautiful, by the way!
                          There was no pattern, I drew it after I took all the sizes of her case.
                          I made four patches out of a charmpack the way Jenny does, there is a tutorial about that way and I love making them this way.
                          When my piece was big enough I put the pattern on and cut it out, simple as that.
                          I did not use binding but turned the whole thing and after that I quilted it in diagonal lines.
                          Easy but fun little project, my niece can't wait to go to violin class this week......

Here is a picture of the pattern I made, maybe the size is the same, think so because a violin is a violin right

Hope this helps!
                          PS: The right side is 6" tall, looks a little strange now when I see the picture, the whole thing is 25'5" long . I made a sort of oblong shape after taking the mesurments (spelling??)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Klasien; March 5, 2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

What a clever idea and very useful as well. Love seeing such happy faces.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

What a great idea. My DD learns Violin, so perhaps I should put this one on my hit list.
                              HUGS,
                              Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Working...
                              X