I'm so excited!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited!!!!!

I came home after spending the whole day painting my quilting room ceiling in the quest to get rid of the smoke smell and also seeing the four new kittens that were born yesterday at my new house. (Momma belonged to previous owners who never came back to get her as they said they would). Took my shower and sat down here to catch up and check my email.

In my email was a notification from ebay that we have new items matching the description "Morse Sewing Machine". And.....there she was ....the beautiful pink 50's model Morse that I have been wanting!!!! BUY IT NOW! - you got it, I considered whether to make the leap for about .327 of a second before hitting that button. It's Not too far away (Orlando area) and should be here this week.

She already has a name - Marilyn Rose. I had planned on naming her Rose, for obvious reasons, and then I saw on Bonnie Hunter's blog that she has one named Marilyn - my Mom's name. I added the Rose to it, and then it hit me - my Mom's grandmother who taught her to sew was Rose. So, no brainer, Marilyn Rose she is. I'm still considering names for my Blue one.
    Donna

Re: I'm so excited!!!!!

Awesome! Hello from Apopka!
    Sondra J. :icon_wave:

Comment

How wonderful! Can't wait to see pics of Marilyn Rose!
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

How exciting!!!!
        Lori

Comment

Don't you just love it when everything falls into place?? Congratulations on Marilyn Rose!!
          Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Congratulations!!!! My mother had a pink ABC machine when I was growing up. It was made by Singer and branded ABC for a private label. She kept it until the 1980's. I don't know what ever happened to it.

Comment

Congrats on the new baby Donna. I don't know if I should congratulate you on the new kittens though.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Great things are happening - first you are getting your new sewing room done and second, your new machine is coming home to you. Way to go Donna!!!
                sigpicMISA
                I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

If you like Gone With the Wind, you can name her Bonnie Blue after Rhett and Scarlett's daughter.
                  "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
                    If you like Gone With the Wind, you can name her Bonnie Blue after Rhett and Scarlett's daughter.
                    Rhonda, it's so funny you say that! I was thinking about "Donnie Blue" since my Dad's name was Donald (always went by "Don").
                    Donna

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                      Congrats on the new baby Donna. I don't know if I should congratulate you on the new kittens though.
                      Yeah, I love kittens, but "unwanted" litters are not good. My DD works at the SPCA so she will take them there, get them fixed and find them homes. Momma will be fixed ASAP, too.
                      Donna

Comment

Congratulations on your find! That room will be filled up soon with vintage sewing machines!

Comment

Now if you can just find one of Sandy's Dinger Duperbs . . .
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I like the name you picked. I'm liking Donnie Blue too!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                              Now if you can just find one of Sandy's Dinger Duperbs . . .

I'll buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!!
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X