First try at pinwheels....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try at pinwheels....

When I needed a break from quilting today I decided to try a pinwheel block. I have a box of charms from other projects and started sewing some together. I really like the red and yellow ones...I had never thought of using red and yellow together...but it worked. The green in the top one should have either been a different shade or darker. But at least I know I can make pinwheels....that resemble pinwheels.

Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Re: First try at pinwheels....

Great job! What were you worried about? Pinwheels really are my favorite blocks. They always come out cheerful.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
      Great job! What were you worried about? Pinwheels really are my favorite blocks. They always come out cheerful.
      Thanks...I guess I was worried that I couldn't get the points to match up in the center. I am saving all my 'orphan' blocks for a quilt...that should be quite a hodgepodge of blocks.

Comment

Once you put a bunch of pinwheels together into a quilt, no one can see whether all the points match or not. At least I hope not for my sake!
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

You did well, Shirley. I like the red and yellow together, also.
          HUGS,
          Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

They look great. I'm not sure I could get them to line up right.

Comment

the red and yellow are pretty together

Comment

Love red and yellow together. Someone sent a red and yellow lady bug quilt for the PICU last year. I cannot believe you haven't done pinwheels. Yours are lovely.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                  Love red and yellow together. Someone sent a red and yellow lady bug quilt for the PICU last year. I cannot believe you haven't done pinwheels. Yours are lovely.
                  Thanks I can't believe I haven't done pinwheels either, I guess they just looked more difficult to put together than they are. I will be making something with pinwheels...just don't know what yet.

Comment

pinwheels make great border accents, or corner blocks, or cornerstones in sashing, or--or--or. So many possibilities. Yours are looking good.
                    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

They look terrific! Did you swirl them? I have to ask since I'm gonna try that next hehe.
                      ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Love Pinwheels! Your red and yellow are really pretty, you did a great job!

Comment

Working...
                        X