UFO Finish #3 for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFO Finish #3 for 2014

Back about 10 or so years ago I made 74 blocks using funky fabrics, each one unique. First I used 41 of them to make a quilt for my sister: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...-see-here.html

Then I made a quilt for a friend battling breast cancer: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...st-cancer.html

Finally, what to do with the leftover blocks? I made them into a lap quilt for the family. I used 12 blocks for the front and 5 blocks on the back. Even though they were the poor orphan blocks that didn't make it into the two prettier quilts, I am very happy with it and hope it gets lots of use. Here it is:
    Attached Files
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: UFO Finish #3 for 2014

Cyndi, this is amazing!!!! I love it!!!!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

That is really cute!

Comment

Thank you, Kathy and Jean! I wasn't sure anyone would like it. The fabrics are so weird together!
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Ooooh now, I like that very much. it's 'different'.
          I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
          Lorraine

Comment

I love that, Cyndi. I like that it is different. The fabrics are great.
            HUGS,
            Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Isn't it a good feeling to get a UFO done? Great job!
              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

I like it.........I like it a lot! It's pretty.........and the meandering looks great!
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

great job!! Keep it going! I like that "element of surprise" with the color combos!
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Cyndi, every time I see one of your quilts, I feel like I've just been to a master class (my quilty friends who are musicians will know what I'm talking about). So inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose to go with the blocks... beautifully done

Comment

Working...
                      X