X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppytree
    replied
    Re: We all make mistakes!

You're right - it definitely looks better now its sewn together and the friend that will be getting it is delighted.
    xmas.jpg

Its not just the colours - there's one print that drives me mad. Its meant to be cute little birds on a branch but they are so small (compared to the other prints) they look like insects splatted on the car windscreen!
    splat.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

Muted isn't necessarily bad, I think it will turn out nice. And whoever gets it will surely love it.
    And it will be DONE so one less UFO to haunt you. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Lightwriter
    replied

A quilter's mistake is really an opportunity in disguise....unique patterns make beautiful quilts!

Leave a comment:

• CraftyBarb
    replied

Looks really good and I myself like the colors. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Leah53
    replied

I like it, I'm a muted person also. I just made that same mistake but only for a few pieces then realized my mistake, I'm now using the "mistake" pieces for the border.

Leave a comment:

• Anitap
    replied

I like it and it turned out great.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

I think it turned out great. The colors are a bit muted but they work together.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

I really like it....I don't think you made a mistake! It's scrappy...therefore, I love it!

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

That's pretty and I agree with being a muted color gal too. I am sure whoever receives it will love it.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• LorraineRob
    replied

Not exactly a labour of love then! ? pmsl.

I quite like those colours though..I'm a muted colour kind of girl anyway and I think it'll look great when it's finished.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Very nice... I love that pattern... I'm doing a baby one now, with a fat quarter bundle from Joann's , plus a few other FQ's... It's going to be today's project,,,, we are having another big winter storm.... I'm staying right here, in my cozy home.... Definitely...

Leave a comment:

• Poppytree
    started a topic We all make mistakes!

We all make mistakes!

We all make mistakes ................. and this is one of mine. Its a Christmasy fabric range (probably a DD) otherwise there is no way I would have chosen it in a month of Sundays. The colours are dull red, dark green, boring cream and ice blue and one print, of tiny birds on a branch, look more like squashed flies on the windscreen (or spiders?). Can't wait to finish this lap quilt and donate it!

I planned to do a double layer-cake but got the measurements a bit wrong so the design is not so pronounced. I've sewn the rows of blocks together - just the strips to do and the top's finished. Can't wait to see the back of it!

yuk.jpg
Working...
X