X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntiemern
    replied
    Re: 61 Snap Bags

Love them. Haven't made one yet, but this inspires me to do it.

Leave a comment:

• CarolynK
    replied

What great project! Those are really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

I have been wanting to make one. How easy are they?

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by snippet View Post
    Here's a good tutorial for a lined bag: ASG in the SLC: Lined Snap Tape Purse Tutorial

I like the lined bag to hide the inside seams.

Like the bag we made at the retreat, I added the triangle folded square to make it easier to open the bag.

Use a wide tape measure; mine were 3/4" and were strong enough. I don't think I'd use anything thinner.

It can be made to any size you want. Just make the lining 4" longer than the outer fabric and batting. For this project, I didn't quilt or embroider anything on the bags, but the possibilities are endless: I'm thinking of ruffles, ribbons, tassels, even using orphan blocks to make a bag.
    That's an easy formula to remember.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

Originally posted by Louise View Post
    Great job love the fabric where did you find it?
    It was a bolt in the clearance section at my LQS - still it was about $7yd I think. They also had it in a slightly different color variation with more tan.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied

Great job love the fabric where did you find it?

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

Here's a good tutorial for a lined bag: ASG in the SLC: Lined Snap Tape Purse Tutorial

I like the lined bag to hide the inside seams.

Like the bag we made at the retreat, I added the triangle folded square to make it easier to open the bag.

Use a wide tape measure; mine were 3/4" and were strong enough. I don't think I'd use anything thinner.

It can be made to any size you want. Just make the lining 4" longer than the outer fabric and batting. For this project, I didn't quilt or embroider anything on the bags, but the possibilities are endless: I'm thinking of ruffles, ribbons, tassels, even using orphan blocks to make a bag.

Leave a comment:

• Klasien
    replied

Great looking!!!
    I think I forgot the pattern at the retreat........you must be master in these by now......makes me want to go and search for the pattern right away.....

Leave a comment:

• cyndiofthevortex
    replied

I love these! Cute fabric! Time for me to get busy for our guild's next bazaar.

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Very, very cool!! Good times with good friends are always a keeper in my book!!

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Good job

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Very cute!

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Oh girl, you make me look bad! I still have not made my snap bag from the retreat. I've gotten the stuff all out a couple of times and put it away. I really need to get that made, cause I like it and I want one! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    Wow - they are great...and what a lovely time of fellowship for you and your friends. Just curious - what is an Emmaus walk....is that like stations of the cross?
    Yeah it was fun. I came home thinking how awesome my friends to take the time to make these with me this week.

Emmaus is a 3 day Christian retreat/renewal. It came from the Cursillo, which was a Catholic program (it's now called ACTS). Here's a link for more info: Home - Walk to Emmaus

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Those are wonderful! Reminds me to put a tape measure on my list

Leave a comment:

Working...
X