61 Snap Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 61 Snap Bags

Here's a good tutorial for a lined bag: ASG in the SLC: Lined Snap Tape Purse Tutorial

I like the lined bag to hide the inside seams.

Like the bag we made at the retreat, I added the triangle folded square to make it easier to open the bag.

Use a wide tape measure; mine were 3/4" and were strong enough. I don't think I'd use anything thinner.

It can be made to any size you want. Just make the lining 4" longer than the outer fabric and batting. For this project, I didn't quilt or embroider anything on the bags, but the possibilities are endless: I'm thinking of ruffles, ribbons, tassels, even using orphan blocks to make a bag.

Comment

Great job love the fabric where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        Great job love the fabric where did you find it?
        It was a bolt in the clearance section at my LQS - still it was about $7yd I think. They also had it in a slightly different color variation with more tan.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          Here's a good tutorial for a lined bag: ASG in the SLC: Lined Snap Tape Purse Tutorial

I like the lined bag to hide the inside seams.

Like the bag we made at the retreat, I added the triangle folded square to make it easier to open the bag.

Use a wide tape measure; mine were 3/4" and were strong enough. I don't think I'd use anything thinner.

It can be made to any size you want. Just make the lining 4" longer than the outer fabric and batting. For this project, I didn't quilt or embroider anything on the bags, but the possibilities are endless: I'm thinking of ruffles, ribbons, tassels, even using orphan blocks to make a bag.
          That's an easy formula to remember.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have been wanting to make one. How easy are they?
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What great project! Those are really nice.
              sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Love them. Haven't made one yet, but this inspires me to do it.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X