How is your quilt being USED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is your quilt being USED?

The greatest joy for any quilter is to see their quilt in action. Share how your quilts are being used.
    Here is one of my quilts in USE. IMG_3265.jpg

Sew Preeti Quilts: Quilt # 6 - Pink pinwheels

Preeti
    Sew Preeti Quilts
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Re: How is your quilt being USED?

So sweet! Looks like she is really enjoying her quilt!

Comment

One of my quilts being used:

zoey.jpg
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Most of my quilts I never see again, and don't know the recipients. I would love to see them in use though. I did see one I made in a video montage of an ill little boy that I follow on FB and took his mom a quilt at the hospital, made by another member in my group.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

1 of mine in use.
          Attached Files
          ​Robyn

Comment

As with our Marilyn, most of my quilts are sent off and I rarely get pictures back. But here is one that I did receive after the lady came home from the hospital for lung surgery:

Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I actually had a picture of one of my quilts in use!

K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Mom said that she has been using the quilt all the time. She had surgery not too long ago and gets really cold.

Two sons have theirs on the their beds and use it at night. And sometimes drag them out during the day if they get cold.

My husband uses his to keep warm with while he is on the computer.

I usually have mine near by in the evening if I get cold. Of course, there are some evenings a little girl thinks that she just has to have Mom's quilt to go to sleep with.

Comment

My first quilt was a gift for my sister and her new husband - and every time I visit her and stay the night I get to sleep with it!

Her kids use it to make forts in the couch, and I saw a picture once of someone being carried in it like a hammock. I think she washes it too often though - it's about 10 years old and is starting to show too much wear. I guess it's time for a new one so that one can be retired.

Comment

Here are my two granddaughters and their quilts. They sleep with them every night.
                    Attached Files
                    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

LOVE this picture! This is precious!

Comment

My oldest grandson wore his out; made him another one....the grandaughters are working there way through theirs....both of my SIL's are using theirs so I think I am doing ok

Comment

I don't know what I like more - the bright colors of the quilt or the happy smile!!!
                          Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                          I actually had a picture of one of my quilts in use!

Preeti
                          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgI gave this one to my young friend William last year. I think by now it is well worn.
                            "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                            Hillary Clinton

Comment

well i've been thinking about this since yesterday. Since most of my quilts are baby quilts they have had many adventures. I've seen them used as a" scarf" across a dresser top, as a changing pad, folded on the back of a rocker to cover mama and baby during nursing. Also as a playmat for tummy time, a cover over the carseat to protect from wind and the curious. I've seen them tied a round a child's neck as a cape, around the waist as a skirt, covering a patient dog that is being the child's "baby". I've seen them made into tents and sometimes they are even used as intended- as bed covers
                              β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                              X