My square in a square needs your suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My square in a square needs your suggestions

Here is my square in a square. I value all your suggestions and opinions. How would you HAND quilt this quilt?

Cross hatch/stid/maybe some kind of design. Remember I DO NOT KNOW HOW to machine quilt.

Thanks for looking and all your help.

015.jpg
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: My square in a square needs your suggestions

Monique.........not sure what to suggest..........but your quilt is beautiful! Love the colors and the pattern!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Oh MY!
      This is a BEAUTY! I would never have the patience to hand stitch, that's just me.
      I would send this baby off too a LAQ!
      But then again, I'm not a 'real quilter'....
      heeheehee
      I really need to get off the exclamation point.
      It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

This is really pretty, Monique! How about echo quilting? Wouldn't that be fairly easy with the squares? Love your choice of colors!

Comment

I think a flower in each of the blocks would be pretty, and maybe sitd with the sashing. I can't tell how wide the border is, but you could do a matching flower design around that too.
          I used flower as an idea because it would be round enough to look nice centered in a square, but I'm sure there are other pretty designs available as well.

Comment

Love your quilt..I would quilt squares...is that echo quilting? It' s stunning whatever you do
            :icon_wave: Lynn

Comment

Love this quilt! Some ,say do curves in quilting a design with straight lines, butnwith this, I would echo or SITD around the squares to emphasize the square design elements. Do you use flat batting or batting with a loft? I use low loft poly batting on my quilts where I want the dimension of the quilt shapes to pop out. Will that work with hand quilting?

See, our discussion has brought us to be more aware of the parts of either hand or machine quilting that we didn't know about before. At least it has done that for me!

Comment

The border is 7".

Comment

I really love the colors you chose for your quilt. I think echo quilting would look very nice. Please post a picture of your completed quilt for us to see.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure whatever you do will make it even more so. Even if my hands allowed me to hand quilt I have always hated hand sewing. I used to do embroidery, cross stitch, crocheting, etc but hated to hem a dress.
                    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Oh, I love it :-)
                      Preeti
                      http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your quilt is so pretty.... The design is perfect for that fabric...

You could stitch a motif....such as a flower, or heart, in the center of each block.... But I am wondering how well the design would show up on that dark fabric.... Still, I think I would give it a try, because a pretty motif would add softness to the quilt.

I do a lot of hand quilting a quarter inch from the seams.... You could do that on both dudes of the outer frame.

I'm sure that whatever you do will be lovely.... Be sure to post a pic of your quilting..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

SITD or echo quilting would make the squares pop. It's a beautiful quilt Monique.
                          *~* Myrna *~*
                          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Monique, I feel your pain of not knowing how to quilt it. I made this same pattern for my son. It's sitting waiting for me to decide how to quilt. I don't think I would hand quilt (besides the fact that I don't know how, lol) . I was thinking more of tracing the square in a square pattern for my quilt since it's masculine. Still haven't decided.

Hope you can figure it out. Love you fabric choice.
                            "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
                            Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
                            Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

I am not sure I understand what you all mean by echo quilting.

Comment

Working...
                              X