Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Storm at Sea" sample block - will these colors work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Storm at Sea" sample block - will these colors work?

Sotrm at Sea Block - 2-25-14 001.jpgSotrm at Sea Block - 2-25-14 002.jpgSotrm at Sea Block - 2-25-14 004.jpg I've been working on this sample block for parts of 3 days! I wanted to try 1 block before taking my class on Mar. 8 to see if the colors would work. I've had my moments of frustration with this block, to be sure. Lots of little triangles, many points to match, etc. Lots of bumpy seams. I'm sure I'll be using my Clover pen at lot! I discovered I had better luck squaring the blocks if I made some of my pcs. 1/8" larger than the pattern said. These are pics of the various fabrics I plan to use (not all blocks will be the same). I included a front & back side of the block so you get an idea of how many pcs. are involved. (I know some of you have made this quilt already.) Traditionally, it is made with only 3 colors, but I've seen some beautiful scrappy ones on the web. The lady teaching this class has her scrappy SAS quilt posted on the Lyons Quilting facebook site. JCY

Re: "Storm at Sea" sample block - will these colors work?

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]69517[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69518[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69519[/ATTACH] I've been working on this sample block for parts of 3 days! I wanted to try 1 block before taking my class on Mar. 8 to see if the colors would work. I've had my moments of frustration with this block, to be sure. Lots of little triangles, many points to match, etc. Lots of bumpy seams. I'm sure I'll be using my Clover pen at lot! I discovered I had better luck squaring the blocks if I made some of my pcs. 1/8" larger than the pattern said. These are pics of the various fabrics I plan to use (not all blocks will be the same). I included a front & back side of the block so you get an idea of how many pcs. are involved. (I know some of you have made this quilt already.) Traditionally, it is made with only 3 colors, but I've seen some beautiful scrappy ones on the web. The lady teaching this class has her scrappy SAS quilt posted on the Lyons Quilting facebook site. JCY
    Looks good to me!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

There are many other on here with far more knowledge than I. But I wanted to tell you, that I like your quilt block and the colors that you have chosen.

Comment

I think it is a great color combination for what it is worth.

Comment

Like the yellow with grey and black - your block looks really good!

Comment

Love these colors!

Comment

These colors are amazing together. I am looking forward to seeing this one come together
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I looked at this pattern before and it skeered me. lol I love it!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Those colors are great! Look forward to seeing the finished project. : )
                  :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Looking great so far!

Comment

Well..... since black, yellow, and grey combos are at the top of my LOVE list - I absolutely love this combo!

Comment

one word - LOVE!!!
                        okay 2 words LOVE THIS!!
                        and we look forward to seeing the finished masterpiece!
                        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                        hugs, Suzi
                        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I love the color combo! I'm stashing for a black/gray/yellow quilt myself.
                          *~* Myrna *~*
                          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Some answers are as clear as the nose on our face.... you just have to look to see that they work, and they work well! I love it.
                            Hugs,
                            Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                            Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X