Re: I have 101...

WooHoo!

Way to go Meli!

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

Meli,
    Think like the 'Little Red Engine who Could' ....."I think I can, I Think I can"
    So close....you're almost there.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

How can you not be happy in this area?
    Messy.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Meli
    replied

If you could see my sewing cave, you'd know you're not far off the mark!

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
    Awesome!

Next thing you know they will be making a movie featuring your quilt blocks and how they run amok! I can just see it now!

Leave a comment:

• Meli
    replied

Sandy -- And all you other inquiring minds -

There are, indeed, 111 blocks in the book. There are 15 I haven't made yet, so I've already made some duplicates. I've identified a few more I'd like to make duplicates of. Additionally, I'm scouring the web - and other resources - for blocks I can use to fill in the gaps.

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Okay, I'm confused . . . you have 101 blocks and still need to do 44 more? Yet you say in the book there are 111 blocks in the book.

Soooooooooooo, how do you know which ones will be duplicated? Or, are you adding 44 more so you have enough for your quilt?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle M
    replied

Way to go!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Wow, I'm impressed! Can't wait to see it, Meli.

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

Impressive, but you showed the "not so pretty side of those blocks"! I can't wait to see this all put together. Since you are making the King sized quilt, you have to make more blocks......how will you decide on those? Are you duplicating some or adding in new ones? I need to get back to mine!!! When life slows down a bit.......I will!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Awesome!

Next thing you know they will be making a movie featuring your quilt blocks and how they run amok! I can just see it now!

Leave a comment:

• Quiltngolfer
    replied

Wow, you are a hard worker! Can't wait to see it finished.

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

That's a wow and an awesome! I can not wait to see the finished quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Okay, I'm confused . . . you have 101 blocks and still need to do 44 more? Yet you say in the book there are 111 blocks in the book.

Soooooooooooo, how do you know which ones will be duplicated? Or, are you adding 44 more so you have enough for your quilt?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• Meli
    replied

Lenie, I don't have any other projects right now, so this is the priority. I need to get these blocks completed, then I have two flimsies to quilt and bind, then I can get back to the assembly of this one. The goal is to have it done by the end of August so I can enter it in the state fair. If I get it done sooner, I might enter it in the county fair as well.

Originally posted by Lenie View Post
    Oh Meli, that is so great! I stopped at about 45. I'm to busy right now, making quilts for customers. But once in a while, I take my blocks, and look at them, actually amazed that I did make them. You're going so fast!!

Leave a comment:

• mary3100
    replied

That is so cool! It is on my todo list for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Lenie
    replied

Oh Meli, that is so great! I stopped at about 45. I'm to busy right now, making quilts for customers. But once in a while, I take my blocks, and look at them, actually amazed that I did make them. You're going so fast!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X