Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Egg Placemats

I have it figured out. I hope!

Here are a couple of pictures of the Easter Egg Place mats I made for my six grandchildren. I seen a post on the site showing a placemat using the quilt as you so method, but I wanted to use some of my fancy stitches on my machine so I sewed the strips together then quilted them with the fancy stitches. I added some ribbon and lace and I had some Easter Eggs that the kids loved.

I sure hope the pictures uploaded OK, I have been trying for two days to get this posted.
    Attached Files
    JVO

Re: Easter Egg Placemats

That is such a cool idea for placemats! I bet your grandkids love eating at your beautiful table - so fun!!
    Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Thumbs up for not giving up. Your pictures turned out very good and your Easter placemates even better. I love,them. Much work I guess putting them together, and truly a good way to use different stitches from the machine.

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
      sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Those turned out super cute!
        :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

How cute! Love your stitching and the rick rack too!
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

These are very cute. I'm just learning...did you have to cut your binding fabric on the bias to get it to curve around those beautiful placemats? Bet the kids loved them!
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

How wonderful. I love the stiches and the ribbons. You did a great job. Be proud of yourself.
              Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

Those are so sweet - I bet the kiddos loved them!

Comment

Now just how stinkin cute are those!!!! I'll bet those grandkids loved it!!! You did a greeat job on them and I bet they made for a pretty cheerful table too. Very cute, you should be proud of yourself!!!

Comment

Those are soooo cute! The detail is a very nice touch
                    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                      These are very cute. I'm just learning...did you have to cut your binding fabric on the bias to get it to curve around those beautiful placemats? Bet the kids loved them!
                      No I did not cut the binding on the bias, the curves were pretty gentle.
                      The kids did love them, and it was fun making them.
                      JVO

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                        I tried several times yesterday to reply to this, but it never worked, so I will try one more time! I think MSQC must have had some problems with the site over the last two days.

No I did not have to use binding that was cut on the bias. I thought I might, but it work fine with out.

Thank you to everyone and all your kind comments. I enjoyed making them and the kids did love them as well.
                        JVO

Comment

These are just great, I can see that the kids would love them.

Comment

How cute JVO. You done a great job on them.Glad you figured the picture thing out. I had the same problem when I first got on here but it all worked out in the long run.Hugs Rhonda

Comment

Working...
                            X