The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The End

Oh, my! That's a lot of work. Congratulations!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Oooooooh, but sure it beautiful! but I completely understand not wanting to do it. Thanks for the links too, very interesting!
      Last edited by Vickie1965; February 23, 2014, 06:20 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I found my Drunkard's Path template and it is not much bigger than the ruler I was using, plus it gave a lot more than 1/4 inch at the edge of the patch, so I don't think I could use it to make something like this block.

I also found my Curve Master pressure foot and tested it out on a couple of Drunkard's Path scraps I cut. I like it. I seems to be easy to use. I can't use it with this ruler's patches because the L part isn't wide enough to go under the pressure foot. It only really works when you have a good amount of fabric to the left of the foot. I am now thinking of the Apple Core. Well, I keep thinking.
        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          That is awesome! I heard about it but never saw the video. I'm used to clipping curves because of arm holes and pant inseams. But I would love to get one of these.

Your block is beautiful! I went and looked at some tutes on that ruler after your other post. Is there a simpler ruler?
          I was thinking the Drunkard's Path templates might be a simpler ruler to use, but it makes too wide an edge. I guess you could trim it down to 1/4 inch. I might try that.
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I bought that curved foot at Paducah, but after practicing on a few DP blocks, I put it up. That was two years ago. It's still waiting for me to get back to it. I do think the urved foot helps you to see as you stitch the pieces.

Comment

This is fantastic!! I think it would be a pillow for me - I don't think I could do more than one block.

I really like the look you get with this ruler - a bit different than the usual drunkard's path - the "crust" doesn't appear to be as big, so they flow together in some very interesting curves. I wonder if they have that ruler in a bigger scale? That way a block would be bigger, so you wouldn't need as many blocks to make a throw.
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
              X