Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The End

    I finished the one block that uses 16 drunkard's path in the block. I won't do it again! I MIGHT if I can find my Drunkard's Path templates and if they turn out to be larger than 3 inches big.
    Attached Files
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

    #2
    Re: The End

    Wow! That would be quite a challenge to make a whole quilt using that block! It would be pretty though!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: The End

      I'm sure you've become quite expert at curved seams. Are you using a curved piecing foot or just your 1/4"? Pretty block but I can see why you might not want to make more considering how many are in each block. Sure is pretty though.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: The End

        That's a really pretty block, I just love it. I can imagine how difficult it was to make. Have never tried drunkard's path and won't do so in the nearer future. All those curves would probably drive me nuts.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: The End

          It looks like it would be a very pretty quilt...love that black and blue together...like you though, I don't think "curves" are in my future...that is why I have never made a double wedding ring quilt.
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

          Hugs, Pat

          Comment


            #6
            Re: The End

            Years ago when I first got interested in quilting I merrily cut out a drunkard's path quilt thinking I could handle it. Ummm...that project did not get very far. Glad I didn't have a lot of $$$ tied up in it. I think I still have the pieces somewhere. I got so disgusted...of course, I was using a treadle machine at the time and had no help in figuring it out. You did a fantastic job on this block, but I can see where it would be intimidating. I tried several times over the years to quilt, but between work and children it got relegated to "when I retire I will learn to quilt." But it will be a LONG time (probably never) before I try the Drunkard's Path again (but I think it is SO pretty!)
            Connie

            Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: The End

              This is a beautiful block! I would like to know the name of it! Drunkard's path is on my wish list to learn , have the pattern book, just not the time. I like challenges. You block is an inspiration to me. GREAT JOB

              Comment


                #8
                Re: The End

                Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                I'm sure you've become quite expert at curved seams. Are you using a curved piecing foot or just your 1/4"? Pretty block but I can see why you might not want to make more considering how many are in each block. Sure is pretty though.
                I just used a 1/4 inch foot and three pins - center and both ends. I did buy one of those curve piecing foots at the Houston quilt show a few years ago, but have never used it.
                Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: The End

                  This is the ruler I used.

                  Creative Grids® CGRSRC3 - Corner to Corner Curve Strip Ruler - YouTube
                  Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: The End

                    Joyce... when I went last to MQX last year... I watched a gal sitting there with that "foot" and she was pumping out those curved blocks like crazy...she said it's like anything else,, after you do a few... it comes naturally... maybe someday for me... I really like your blue and black... of course that is the "blue" I love and black is about all I wear,, with white, grey or cream... occasionally a "print" top, but not often... GB
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: The End

                      I would love to see the secondary pattern this forms when you put the same blocks together!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: The End

                        Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                        Joyce... when I went last to MQX last year... I watched a gal sitting there with that "foot" and she was pumping out those curved blocks like crazy...she said it's like anything else,, after you do a few... it comes naturally... maybe someday for me... I really like your blue and black... of course that is the "blue" I love and black is about all I wear,, with white, grey or cream... occasionally a "print" top, but not often... GB
                        I was impressed with it at the quilt show, bought it, but then never used it. I just saw it today in my drawer, and I am going to try it. Here is a video demo'ing how to use it.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN91YJkpJR8
                        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: The End

                          Oh my goodnes!


                          Sandy from Cincinnati


                          AKA Kermit

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: The End

                            Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                            I was impressed with it at the quilt show, bought it, but then never used it. I just saw it today in my drawer, and I am going to try it. Here is a video demo'ing how to use it.

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN91YJkpJR8
                            That is awesome! I heard about it but never saw the video. I'm used to clipping curves because of arm holes and pant inseams. But I would love to get one of these.

                            Your block is beautiful! I went and looked at some tutes on that ruler after your other post. Is there a simpler ruler?
                            🌺 Lorie

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: The End

                              Your block is great, love the colours. I'm a long way off even attempting curved seams yet, but I've already got my eye on that foot, lol.
                              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                              Lorraine

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X