The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End

I finished the one block that uses 16 drunkard's path in the block. I won't do it again! I MIGHT if I can find my Drunkard's Path templates and if they turn out to be larger than 3 inches big.
    Attached Files
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Re: The End

Wow! That would be quite a challenge to make a whole quilt using that block! It would be pretty though!

Comment

I'm sure you've become quite expert at curved seams. Are you using a curved piecing foot or just your 1/4"? Pretty block but I can see why you might not want to make more considering how many are in each block. Sure is pretty though.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

That's a really pretty block, I just love it. I can imagine how difficult it was to make. Have never tried drunkard's path and won't do so in the nearer future. All those curves would probably drive me nuts.

Comment

It looks like it would be a very pretty quilt...love that black and blue together...like you though, I don't think "curves" are in my future...that is why I have never made a double wedding ring quilt.
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Years ago when I first got interested in quilting I merrily cut out a drunkard's path quilt thinking I could handle it. Ummm...that project did not get very far. Glad I didn't have a lot of $$$ tied up in it. I think I still have the pieces somewhere. I got so disgusted...of course, I was using a treadle machine at the time and had no help in figuring it out. You did a fantastic job on this block, but I can see where it would be intimidating. I tried several times over the years to quilt, but between work and children it got relegated to "when I retire I will learn to quilt." But it will be a LONG time (probably never) before I try the Drunkard's Path again (but I think it is SO pretty!)
            Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

This is a beautiful block! I would like to know the name of it! Drunkard's path is on my wish list to learn , have the pattern book, just not the time. I like challenges. You block is an inspiration to me. GREAT JOB

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                I'm sure you've become quite expert at curved seams. Are you using a curved piecing foot or just your 1/4"? Pretty block but I can see why you might not want to make more considering how many are in each block. Sure is pretty though.
                I just used a 1/4 inch foot and three pins - center and both ends. I did buy one of those curve piecing foots at the Houston quilt show a few years ago, but have never used it.

Comment

This is the ruler I used.

Creative Grids® CGRSRC3 - Corner to Corner Curve Strip Ruler - YouTube

Comment

Joyce... when I went last to MQX last year... I watched a gal sitting there with that "foot" and she was pumping out those curved blocks like crazy...she said it's like anything else,, after you do a few... it comes naturally... maybe someday for me... I really like your blue and black... of course that is the "blue" I love and black is about all I wear,, with white, grey or cream... occasionally a "print" top, but not often... GB
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I would love to see the secondary pattern this forms when you put the same blocks together!

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                        Joyce... when I went last to MQX last year... I watched a gal sitting there with that "foot" and she was pumping out those curved blocks like crazy...she said it's like anything else,, after you do a few... it comes naturally... maybe someday for me... I really like your blue and black... of course that is the "blue" I love and black is about all I wear,, with white, grey or cream... occasionally a "print" top, but not often... GB
                        I was impressed with it at the quilt show, bought it, but then never used it. I just saw it today in my drawer, and I am going to try it. Here is a video demo'ing how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN91YJkpJR8

Comment

Oh my goodnes!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                            I was impressed with it at the quilt show, bought it, but then never used it. I just saw it today in my drawer, and I am going to try it. Here is a video demo'ing how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN91YJkpJR8
                            That is awesome! I heard about it but never saw the video. I'm used to clipping curves because of arm holes and pant inseams. But I would love to get one of these.

Your block is beautiful! I went and looked at some tutes on that ruler after your other post. Is there a simpler ruler?
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Your block is great, love the colours. I'm a long way off even attempting curved seams yet, but I've already got my eye on that foot, lol.
                              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                              Lorraine

Comment

Working...
                              X