Pineapple Now With Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pineapple Now With Borders

I finally got the fabric I ordered from MSQC and have added borders to the Pineapple quilt. Here is a pic. I was thinking of using the same thing for the X Blocks quilt, but think I want something different. I was thinking of a black border. Any suggestions on the X Blocks top for borders?

That hand dyed fabric makes both quilt tops very colorful, and I am thinking something much more subdued for the next quilt top. I think I am becoming "color blind".
    Attached Files
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Re: Pineapple Now With Borders

Black would frame the x quilt beautifully.

Love the borders on the pineapple quilt, they are both so unique!

Comment

I also think black would look good.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I absolutely love your pineapple. The borders really set it off. The other quilt top is very unique. You did a great job on both of them, Joyce.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love the idea of a black border on it! I think it will really pop.

Comment

I'm agreeing on the black border! Nice job on both quilts, Joyce. I'm, very partial to the pineapple quilt but that's just because I lean more toward traditional blocks. The modern one looks terrific. Such an unusual design. If you go with the black it's going to be gorgeous.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I think a narrow black border then something like this would look great on the second quilt.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ks-sky-yardage
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Love your pineapple quilt...beautiful colors! The X quilt...I think a 2" white border and then do a 4" pieced border using the other materials in the quilt. When making the pieced border, I would use the diagonal method of joining fabrics.
                Both quilts are very nice!
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

They are both quilts that make you have to take a second look. And third... I've not stopped looking yet! They are wonderful.
                  ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Both quilts turned out great. I especially like the pineapple quilt, so pretty.

Comment

Beautiful! I don't believe I have ever seen the X block pattern before - black would make a nice border - please post when you are finished.
                      Donna

Comment

Nine times out of ten I'm in favor of a black border, but not for this X quilt. I'd go for a nice hot pink border that matches the pinks in your top, not too thin, then a green fabric for the final border. The green in your quilt is in the middle and a funky hand dyed green border would balance things out. I think black would be too much for this quilt. Black would stand out and take your eye away from the awesome hand dyes in the top. This is one great quilt top and I really want the pattern! Can you share where you got it?

About that pineapple quilt. Well, there's not much to say about it except that it is gorgeous, awesome, wonderful, beautiful and oh-so-cool. You sure rocked those pineapple blocks! Good job! And I love the border you chose. Perfect choice.
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

So many good ideas here already! I won't confuse you with any other ideas......first I was in agreement with Karen....then after I read Cyndi's idea, I thought that was a really good idea too!
                          So I will wish you luck on your decision.....let us know what you decide! Good Luck!!!!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Ooohh... love that pinapple quilt.. the borders are perfect for it!

Comment

They are both beautiful. And I would also go for a black border.

Comment

Working...
                              X