HOW I USED SOME OF MY WILD ANIMAL PRINT BLOCKS FROM OUR PAST SWAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW I USED SOME OF MY WILD ANIMAL PRINT BLOCKS FROM OUR PAST SWAP

I thought some of you who participated in the swap might like to see how I used some of the blocks you made. This little quilt is for my spoiled rotten kitty cat, Koshka (cat in Russian). So far all she has done with it is hide under it. LOL I decided to bite the bullet and try free-motion quilting. Not an easy task but at least I got some practice. I figure the cat won't care how bad the quilting is. Notice there are no close-up shots. Also, I made sure to use clear thread. It looks really bad on the back since it's solid black but we won't be seeing that side.IMG_2602.jpgIMG_2568.jpg
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: HOW I USED SOME OF MY WILD ANIMAL PRINT BLOCKS FROM OUR PAST SWAP

You gave that to the cat?!?! I like it!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Lucky,funny Koshka! Loved it. It must be nice and cozy underneath it.!

Comment

That is so lovely FOR THE CAT! If I made my cat a quilt, he would ignore it and just lie on my very best bed quilt!

Comment

It's a purrrfect kitty quilt!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

That has inspired me to do something with my blocks from the swap. I love it.
            Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

How cute that is. Love the different animal prints.
              Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Very nice! I really like it.
                Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

OOOOOOOO that is a beauty... fabulous work...
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Neat!!! That is one lucky cat

Comment

They are both beautiful - and what a lucky little kitty!

Comment

It's sure purrrrty!

Comment

What a beauty! (And your Kashka is gorgeous too!) I make quilts for my cats too! They love them and they are so much fun to make - just the purrfect little size!
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Oh, I see a very, very familiar block in there!!

Laughing at Koshka's name. We used to have an Afghan hound named Berioska - which means grocery store in Russian (she always ate like we owned one).
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Glad you guys like Koshka's quilt. So far it is not being used. hahaha She's a creature of habit so it sometimes takes her a while to warm up to something new. Sandy, I've only known one afghan hound. Back in the 70's I was living with friends in a house in Far Rockaway beach. I think the dog was a stray that my friend Tommy found. The dog's fur was a mess so he took him to have him groomed. One day I was standing on the boardwalk or the beach (can't remember) and here comes this afghan running torward me full speed. He was completely shaven. All I could see was a ponytail on the top of his head flying in the wind and his male parts looked huge to me. I'm sure I must've laughed myself silly at that sight! I'll never forget it!
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                              X