• Kelly F
    replied
    Re: wool eyeglass case - not quilting

Really cute

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy
    replied

[QUOTE=Sharyn J;475474]That's adorable! My grams taught me the basic embroidery stitches when I was a kid and we used to decorate the corners of her table cloths. LOL, I think she really wanted just to keep me busy and out of her hair. It looks like you're a quick learner and you'll be able to carry your skill over to quilts and other crafts. Nice job![/QUOTE

Oh, I hadn't even thought about applying this to quilts. Oh the possibilities!

Leave a comment:

• Genny
    replied

This is really cute!

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

That's adorable! My grams taught me the basic embroidery stitches when I was a kid and we used to decorate the corners of her table cloths. LOL, I think she really wanted just to keep me busy and out of her hair. It looks like you're a quick learner and you'll be able to carry your skill over to quilts and other crafts. Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy
    started a topic wool eyeglass case - not quilting

wool eyeglass case - not quilting

I took a little class today at my LQS. It was a stitchery class. I don't know much about it. My mom tried to teach me a bit as a kid but I didn't have much interest, plus it didn't help that I'm left handed and my mom is not. When I saw the cute sample at the class I thought this would be a good project for me to dip my toe. I learned how to make French knots, a running stitch and a blanket stitch. I am happy with the way my eyeglass case turned out.

I'm sure you could make this with metal tape measure for the closure, but we actually used a hinged clasp.
    Attached Files
Working...
X