Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad's flannel quilt finally done!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Good morning! I finally finished a quilt I had started for my dad. This was my first large quilt made with flannel and it
    Was quite a challenge. I used a panel and some charm packs along with yardage and some gold star fabric I had on hand. Flannel is so different to work on. It seems so much more stretchy for some reason. When I first started piecing it I was trying to get everything so perfectly lined up that I sewed right through my finger! Omg. I don't think I will ever be doing THAT again! So my seams are far from perfect! Anywho, I can't wait to give it to him tomorrow. He was recently diagnosed with cancer of the blood and bone marrow. Anyone willing to offer up a prayer for him would be much appreciated!
    I hope the pics don't turn out upside down or sideways. I don't know why I always seem to have that happen.
    ~ Connie ~

Re: Dad's flannel quilt finally done!

Ugh, upside down!
    ~ Connie ~

Comment

Looks great! Good job, I am sure your dad will love using it.
      April

Comment

That came out great! He will love it. I will keep him in my prayers.
        Are you posting pics from your iPad? The same thing happens to me but I found a way to post them right side up. I go to my camera roll, select the pic I want and hit the edit button. Then I rotate it three times and save. Then hit the edit button again, and rotate it back to the upright position and save. Then when I post here, they stay right side up. I don't know why, but it works.
        Cil
        A quilt is a blanket of love
        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

It looks great. Will say extra prayers for him.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

beautiful quilt, love the manly colors... even upside down, it looks good.
            :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer. I will pray he beats it and it never comes back!

I love your quilt, even upside down! I'm sure he will love it, too. I love how it came out.
              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

It's beautiful
                Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Connie, I know your dad will love his quilt. We've dealt with cancer in our family and I understand the emotions. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that our Lord will hold your dad in the palm of His healing hand.

Comment

Upside down quilt 1.jpgupside down quilt 02.jpg

Love this quilt!!!
                    Attached Files
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy to the rescue!!! I think they need to be rotated after you download them to your computer...at least that's what I have to do.. what I cannot do it go from my camera direct to the forum.. or is that even possible????? LOVE this quilt especially the colorway for your Dad and he will be in my thoughts for strength to get thru this.. hugs to you Connie!
                      Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]68893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68894[/ATTACH]

Love this quilt!!!
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I love the quilt! Sewing over your finger sounds really painful - I am not sure if I would have been able to finish the quilt - I would be too afraid of it happening again!

Prayers for you and your dad and your whole family as you go through this together. Hugs, Lisa
                        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Your quilt is lovely and your Dad will love it. Prayers to you and your family.
                          Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                          X