X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starlover
    replied
    Re: Sochi Quilt Pattern

I love the idea of the strip method. Not sure if it'll work with this quilt though. The colors are random in the Olympic one, and cutting from strips would give you the same layout for too many rows. So much for the idea of this being a simple quilt, lol. If I think about this too much, I may talk myself out of looking for a good jelly roll!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    I'd love a pattern for this one! May have to keep checking the website to see if they make one available. Normally I can copy quilts without a pattern, but I'm not sure what size these diamonds would need to be. Of all the Sochi patterns, this is my favorite
    they look like the diamonds in the lone star quilt pattern. Use 2-1/2" strips, sew strip sets, cut them 2-1/2" wide on a 45 degree angle and stitch them in rows.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

I love this!!!

Leave a comment:

• starlover
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    The other day, this shop had the fabric on their front page. I'm not seeing it now, but it was really pretty! Olympic Diamonds Class
    I'd love a pattern for this one! May have to keep checking the website to see if they make one available. Normally I can copy quilts without a pattern, but I'm not sure what size these diamonds would need to be. Of all the Sochi patterns, this is my favorite

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by cabinqltr View Post
    Here are a couple more ideas for Sochi stuff --- more eye candy.
    Table Runner Tutorial- Sochi Olymipcs Inspired |
    That is pretty!

Leave a comment:

• cabinqltr
    replied

Here are a couple more ideas for Sochi stuff --- more eye candy.
    Table Runner Tutorial- Sochi Olymipcs Inspired |

Lyn Brown's Quilting Blog Ruth

Leave a comment:

• Sondra
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Someone here asked about this pattern. Hoffman Fabrics has a pattern that they say will be available soon for the rainbow quilt that the Sochi Olympic Festival is using for its theme fabric,

Bali Sochi quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68801[/ATTACH]

If you get a chance to find it when it becomes available, let us know. I'm going to save this post in my user notes.
    Thanks! I was the one who was drooling over the fabric from the games. This looks like a fun pattern. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Grandma G
    replied

Jean - maybe it comes with an Olympic gold medal!!

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Oh my gosh! And the pattern looks very complicated! Come on, Hoffman! Make a cheater fabric!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
    Great pattern in fantastic colours. Like the jelly roll idea.
    Me too! Much easier!

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

Great pattern in fantastic colours. Like the jelly roll idea.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    The other day, this shop had the fabric on their front page. I'm not seeing it now, but it was really pretty! Olympic Diamonds Class
    this is a much better replica than the first one. It calls for Jelly Rolls, you could get Rainbow Jelly rolls in prints and pull that off.

It's much much closer to what I have been seeing all week!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

OH. MY. I love this soooo much!!! <3 <3<3

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

I really don't think this print is a replica of what I have been seeing for more than a week every day watching the Olympics. I think you could replicate the look of the prints you see all over Sochi yourself with the right charm packs in the righty lines cut into triangles then into diamonds. Like todays DD... those prints would be great. You just need the right charm packs. I'd do that before I'd buy this line showing.

Unless Hoffman is going to sell charm packs or Jelly rolls in these lines ... I'd replicate my own.

Leave a comment:

• Mchelem
    replied

Closer to 11 yards.

29x.375=10.875

Leave a comment:

Working...
X