Sochi Quilt Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sochi Quilt Pattern

Someone here asked about this pattern. Hoffman Fabrics has a pattern that they say will be available soon for the rainbow quilt that the Sochi Olympic Festival is using for its theme fabric,

Bali Sochi quilt

image.jpg

If you get a chance to find it when it becomes available, let us know. I'm going to save this post in my user notes.

Re: Sochi Quilt Pattern

That is gorgeous - I hope somebody finds it and shars

Comment

Yikes! If I did my math correctly, you need a total of 10 1/2 yards just for the quilt top!!! Not including backing! It's a beautiful quilt, and I'm tempted...but not sure I want to spend that much on one quilt.
      There are 29 fabrics you need 3/8 a yard of.

http://www.hoffmanfabrics.com/EDocs/...%20pattern.pdf

Comment

Oh my gosh! And the pattern looks very complicated! Come on, Hoffman! Make a cheater fabric!

Comment

That is beautiful! I don't think I would attempt that either. Yikes is right!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Closer to 11 yards.

29x.375=10.875
            "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

I really don't think this print is a replica of what I have been seeing for more than a week every day watching the Olympics. I think you could replicate the look of the prints you see all over Sochi yourself with the right charm packs in the righty lines cut into triangles then into diamonds. Like todays DD... those prints would be great. You just need the right charm packs. I'd do that before I'd buy this line showing.

Unless Hoffman is going to sell charm packs or Jelly rolls in these lines ... I'd replicate my own.

Comment

The other day, this shop had the fabric on their front page. I'm not seeing it now, but it was really pretty! Olympic Diamonds Class
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

OH. MY. I love this soooo much!!! <3 <3<3

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    The other day, this shop had the fabric on their front page. I'm not seeing it now, but it was really pretty! Olympic Diamonds Class
                    this is a much better replica than the first one. It calls for Jelly Rolls, you could get Rainbow Jelly rolls in prints and pull that off.

It's much much closer to what I have been seeing all week!

Comment

Great pattern in fantastic colours. Like the jelly roll idea.
                      HUGS,
                      Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
                        Great pattern in fantastic colours. Like the jelly roll idea.
                        Me too! Much easier!

Comment

Jean - maybe it comes with an Olympic gold medal!!

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          Oh my gosh! And the pattern looks very complicated! Come on, Hoffman! Make a cheater fabric!
                          Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                            Someone here asked about this pattern. Hoffman Fabrics has a pattern that they say will be available soon for the rainbow quilt that the Sochi Olympic Festival is using for its theme fabric,

Bali Sochi quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68801[/ATTACH]

If you get a chance to find it when it becomes available, let us know. I'm going to save this post in my user notes.
                            Thanks! I was the one who was drooling over the fabric from the games. This looks like a fun pattern. :-)
                            Sondra J. :icon_wave:

Comment

Here are a couple more ideas for Sochi stuff --- more eye candy.
                              Table Runner Tutorial- Sochi Olymipcs Inspired |

Lyn Brown's Quilting Blog Ruth

Comment

Working...
                              X