table runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

table runner

this is a fun 'n done pattern.....was going to make a lap quilt from it, but i dont like the "heavy" feel of it. i think it is due to the amount of stitching?

so i made a table runner and have enough fabric for a few more ( ha ha, a lot more). notice: somehow i messed up the second row...doesnt match as it should, but as a runner...i like it. a bit wonky like me !!
    Attached Files
    Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
    http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Re: table runner

Wonky like you huh? I guess we're all a little wonky in some ways. I know I am. Anyway, I like your color selection and the design. I'm sure it will look great as a table runner. I think just four of those blocks would make a great block for on my square table in my breakfast room. My dining room is just a little too formal for something like that but the breakfast room is more country.

Really nice table runner.
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Very cute and fun! I wouldn't have noticed the wonkiness unless you pointed it out!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I wouldn't have noticed either... *lol*

I like a little wonky-ness myself... the only perfect quilts are made by God!
        You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

It turned out really well, I like you idea of turning into a table runner. I never realize I don't like something till it's to late. Glad you did cause it looks great.
          :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Originally posted by pamstone View Post
            a bit wonky like me !!
            I know exactly what you mean LOL! I really do like your table runner, wonkiness and all!
            Sandra
            Swansea, UK

Comment

Good job, I love it!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I love it! It's another great example of the power of sashing and how it can take a well known design and make it pop! Great job...and I LOVE it as a runner.
                Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Ilove it. Colors are great.
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

thanks for all the positive comments.....this quilting thing is addicting !! i love it.

i am trying to combine my love of paper and fabric.....think i will try doing a card with fabric from each quilt gifted....
                    check my blog...for examples

www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
                    Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
                    http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pamstone View Post
                      thanks for all the positive comments.....this quilting thing is addicting !! i love it.

i am trying to combine my love of paper and fabric.....think i will try doing a card with fabric from each quilt gifted....
                      check my blog...for examples

www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
                      very interesting blog. Gave me some ideas!!!!
                      sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I must be going blind! I'm not seeing anything wonky! Looks great to me. Such a simple pattern. Need to try this. Thanks for posting. Another great idea for using those honey buns.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I don't see wonky either. DH says that if you want perfect, have it made by a machine and not a person! Your table runner is very colorful. It looks like a string quilt...is it? You may have said and I just missed it!

Comment

Working...
                          X