Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden Plate . . . .what to do

http://lindamaurer.blogspot.com/2011...den-plate.html

Oh dear, I can't get the photo gallery thing to work so I'm directing you to my blog. Can't imagine what I'm doing wrong but I've worked six days in a row and have to work today so I'm kind of pooped. I'm trying to decide where to go from here with this panel. I had plans of a table runner but now I'm thinking of making the plates into flowers like Jenny did. I mentioned wall hanging and hubby dear started with . . . we don't have many blank walls. Geez.

So, I may just make it into a quilt by making flowers, then adding a triangle border with the same blue pattern precuts and going from there. I'll bet it will turn out great. Just have to turn the panel into a square. I can do it. I've got ideas. I'll let you know where it goes but it may take until Christmas.
    Last edited by llm161; May 1, 2011, 07:03 AM.
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Re: Dresden Plate . . . .what to do

Good morning Linda very pretty dresdens i see them as flowers too which is why my very first that i made turned into the walhanging of my avatar picture They are so fun to make!! YAY! How are your Wild Animal Swap blocks progressing? love to see pics of those too Yay again!!
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Lovely Dresden plates, Linda... just lovely...

Another option to consider is cutting the Dresdens and making pillows...
      You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Love the colors of your plates! Would be pretty with just rows of matching scrappy squares on top and bottom too. I am picturing 2/3 of the squares on top and 1/3 of the squares on the bottom with the row of plates in the lower middle. Maybe it is not wide enough to do that but I think it would be pretty....sorry, just rambling my thoughts here!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Very pretty! I love the yellow and blue together(my two favorite colors)
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I'm too much of a novice/new quilter to make any suggestions, but just wanted to say how pretty your Dresden plates are!
            Sandra
            Swansea, UK

Comment

Do you have a solid door you could hang it against? Or maybe hang it on the wall going upstairs if you have a two story?
              We have the same problem in our house-really not much wall space-all window and door openings.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

oh my, these are so pretty !! super colors and i just love dresden plates.....they are so versatile....
                Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
                http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Comment

Here are some I just finished. You probably can't tell in the picture but I love that the tips of the dresdens are free on the flower wall hanging.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My favorites are Dresden plates...it is wonderful how all the colors in these are so pretty! you did a great job!
                    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Oh I love these! When I look at everyone's work I think...I would just love to wander through your homes sometime and look at all your wonderful creations! But you might think I'm weird, so I'll just stick to my little corner of the world!
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                        Here are some I just finished. You probably can't tell in the picture but I love that the tips of the dresdens are free on the flower wall hanging.
                        Both these projects are so pretty! How did you get the mats to be so "perfectly" round?
                        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Linda,

I don't think you should give up on the tablerunner. I wrote more on your blog.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Linda,

I really like what you're doing with your Dresden flowers! Your ideas for quilting sound good. Will you be quilting the blades of the Dresdens?
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks everyone. I used a set of compass points that fit a yardstick to draw my circle and then just cut the batting and backing the same. A big bowl would do the same. I cut the binding on the bias to get it to curve.
                              This is maybe my third attempt at meandering and it turned out pretty well. The place mats were done with an edge stitch that my machine does and a little FMQ on the center of the flower.

Comment

Working...
                              X