It's a Mystery :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Mystery :)

I love reading and I LOVE my mysteries! I read every single Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and Bobbsey Twins book when I was a kid. Wow! Did I just date myself? lol Anyway, I found one Nancy Drew charm pack at a little fabric store in TN last summer. I had to take a break from the queen size churn dash quilt so I decided to play around with Nancy. I think she would like the puzzle aspect of the HST blocks I can either make four 16" pillows or a small wall hanging. I don't think we can ever have too many pretty pillows.

nancy drew.jpg

Re: It's a Mystery

Oh, I think I'd sash it, border it and make a lap quilt! Love your blocks!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I was the same way growing up...there wasn't much entertainment out in the middle of no where on a 100 acre dairy farm. So, in the summer time when there wasn't chores to do, I spent many a summer afternoon reading Nancy Drew mysteries and other novels. The quilt is cute!
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Your blocks are really pretty

Comment

Love your blocks, especially the top left. It's unusual, I don't think I've ever seen it.
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I like the idea of pillows, but sashed, bordered and hanging would be nice too.
            I really like the blocks.

Comment

I gave Nancy Drew a miss but i HAVE read every single book by Agatha Christie - many more than once. Gotta love those mysteries!

Whereabouts in WV are you? I'm in Hampshire County.
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                I gave Nancy Drew a miss but i HAVE read every single book by Agatha Christie - many more than once. Gotta love those mysteries!

Whereabouts in WV are you? I'm in Hampshire County.
                At one time I owned every book Agatha Christie wrote...except one. I have read and reread them all. She was a master of mystery.

I'm in Berkeley County.

Comment

I did decide to sash the blocks. After several big mistakes (but I'm not about to start ripping seams!) the top is almost finished. I need to wait for more of the spotted white fabric to frame it. I like how the blocks appear to float on the white. I'm going to be on the look out for yardage of the yellow/blue spotted fabric for the binding and pieces of the back. Please ignore the nose of my ironing board and the sweater I threw on the chair. It gets toasty in here sometimes. LOL

nd top.jpg

Comment

What a wonderful top. I too read these books when I was younger. I enjoyed Nancy Drew and the Bobbsey twins. However my favorites where the Hardy Boys. My boys read a few of the hardy mysteries after the stories were modernized. Frank and Joe got some cool gadgets.
                    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Never read the Hardy Boys, but had every Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twins book. There was another series we had with Trixie Belden.
                      Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Very pretty quilt, by the way

Comment

Originally posted by marsharini View Post
                        Never read the Hardy Boys, but had every Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twins book. There was another series we had with Trixie Belden.
                        Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Very pretty quilt, by the way
                        Oh, yeah! I forgot about Trixie Belden! I read a few of those books, but I liked Nancy better. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X