Star Trek piece of cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek piece of cake

Bday present for my sister, she loved the original series. I had a hard time with this one. Too many directional prints so could not get them all going in the direction I wanted. While I was talking with HulaMoon (hope I spelled that right) we thought since this is such a big block next time skip the D9P step and just cut pieces to size. Going to try that because it would not take really any longer since I spent so much time trying to get the prints going the way I wanted. I'll try it next week and let you all know. image.jpg. image.jpg
    sigpicAnita G.

Re: Star Trek piece of cake

That is a fantastic quilt. I love Star Trek and I think your quilt is amazing. How fun!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I've got to try this pattern, your quilt turned out so very cute!

Comment

That came out really nice, and I like your sashing! I thought about my layer cake all day after we talked. I'm excited to start it doing it this way and can't wait to hear how it went for you. In the mean time I'm going to order some honey buns!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

That's really awesome material. Directional prints can be a headache. I think you quilt looks great! I always agonize over borders with directional prints.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That's a really nice quilt! Directional prints can be so tricky. I made a small Falling Charms top using some fussy cut squares with animals on them. In the "L-7" design, I made half of the blocks as "L" blocks and half as "7s". I had to be really careful sewing them and laying out the design so the animals weren't standing on their heads.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Hahaha....Star Trek! I love it! You did a great job on it

Comment

Working...
              X