Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first memoryquilt samples, does it need borders????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first memoryquilt samples, does it need borders????

Last weekend Jan and I went thriftshopping for shirt and dress shirts, I made two tops!

The first is a t-shirt quilt out of random t-shirts I found at a thriftshop for less than a dollar each.
    I was 1 shirt short........so Jan is missing a shirt now hahahaha
    I like how that one turned out, randomness all over the place but still it looks like a quilt

The other is made out of 10 dress menshirts, I only used the back of the shirts, I liked working on those projects.
    But the shirts are nice in colors and still I feel something is missing......do I need to put borders around it? If so what color???
    The dark colors in this top are black through the center and dark purple is the other dark.
    I can't believe that random shirt end up like a reall quilt as well.

The plan is to finish both, take pictures and send those to the man of the funeralhome, those two quilt are his samples in the future. I will finish them before I go and talk to him, then I will take the quilts and the picture
    Next thing to think about is how to deliver the quilts, in a nice box maybe?
    Do I return the leftovers?

Why are all my posts so long........

My dad is doing much better today, he still has pain but he can handle it. Next tuesday he has to go in the hospital again for more x-ray and the docter will take a good look at it, will it heal like this or does he need surgery after all.....
    My dad thanks all of you for your sweet words, prayer and support!

Here my tops, please help me out on the shirt quilt, does it need borders or no borders??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Klasien; February 6, 2014, 03:02 PM.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: My first memoryquilt sample, does is need borders????

do you have pics you can post?
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Re: My first memoryquilt sample, does is need borders????

Originally posted by GinnyKNC View Post
      do you have pics you can post?
      Working real hard to add pictures, but my iPad is not doing what it should do..........getting my laptop and try again.......
      It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Re: My first memoryquilt samples, does it need borders????

Both quilts are great, I really like the mens shirt quilt. I think a dark border would look good.

Comment

I think the shirt quilt needs a border.

Comment

Wow they are great! I don't think the T-Shirt one needs a border it looks great the way it is. The mens shirt you could add a border and the black that is down the center as a border would look pretty and make it all pop.

A nice box would be nice I'm not sure what you mean by return the leftovers lol. They probably wouldn't use them if you did.

I'm glad you dad is feeling better
            Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              I think the shirt quilt needs a border.
              Me too. Nice quilt tops.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

The men's shirt quilt - definitely a border - I'm thinking dark I really like this, I may try this soon -

Comment

I would say NO border on the tshirt quilt. I like it the way it is.

Comment

I personally don't think it matters, to border or not for these quilts. The families receiving them will be happy to have them either way and you need to keep your cost down so they will see the benefit in ordering them from you. I've made these before, with and without borders. Quilted and tied, full size quilts and lap size. The one thing I notice is, they just want something to hold on to and they are not really picky about it.

I think I need to take pics of mine and put my card out too!

Comment

I think the shirt quilt would look nice with a border and I was thinking maybe a brown, like the one in the quilt. As for packaging, maybe you could make a bag or pillowcase type bag for delivery that the quilt could be stored in when not being used. It could be made out of shirt backs as well, if you have enough.
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Klasien, since this is a sample to show what you can do.....border two sides and leave two sides without borders, just binding. Then a client can see what it will look like either way and make that decision!
                        Am I brilliant or what?!
                        ~Kathy~

Comment

Tshirts...no, shirts....yes. I love the effect with the shirts. So cool. YOur tshirts look great too, they can be tough.
                          To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                          Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

I agree with Jean that the t-shirt quilt needs a border.....just something simple.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like both! I do think a border on the mens shirt would bring it all together, maybe on of the dark colors.

Comment

Working...
                              X