Which border works better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which border works better?

image.jpgI am making an Irish Chain for a stage prop from a request for it by a friend. I made one top that ended up too big for a twin bed, using the LOVELY. Line of fabrics. I did a wonderful mitered border on it from the black border print in this line. They have three colorways of border print, black, white, or periwinkle blue background with the purple pansies down the center. I chose to purchase the black and white as color choices. I used up all of the black on the "too big" quilt, but I ordered more of it. I can use the white on this quilt or wait for the mailman to deliver more black. Time is flying, because she would like this first quilt by Sunday.

The lady who requested these asked for two quilts, after the play, she will take this quilt and another from the same fabric line for her two daughters' room.

What do you think of the white with it? I'm also making an Xs and Os quilt from the same fabric, I think the white will be a great contrast with that quilt since the center will be darker.

Can't decide what to do.

Re: Which border works better?

I like the Purple and the white with the pansies..
    sigpic Christine.

Comment

I like the white one with the dark purple inner border. It is really striking to me.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I like the left side the darker purple with the white with the pansies.
        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Oh me too with the darker purple on the left with white and pansies. That's really lovely.

Comment

White one.
            sigpic
            Hugs Ann

Comment

I love the white. Nice and fresh
              Blog
              http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Dark purple and white!
                Mary
                SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

If it's the same quilt you showed pics of a few days ago, I would go with the darker border because there is quite a bit of white in the quilt itself. I must say this is perhaps my all time favorite quilt I've ever seen and someday I hope to make something as pretty as this.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your input! I can move ahead with the white border, have to wait for the black, and there might not be enough to do the complete border with the black that I ordered, unless I find another source. Who knew this would be so popular?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly View Post
                      If it's the same quilt you showed pics of a few days ago, I would go with the darker border because there is quite a bit of white in the quilt itself. I must say this is perhaps my all time favorite quilt I've ever seen and someday I hope to make something as pretty as this.
                      It's a second top, Lilly, made with smaller blocks, and it fits the twin bed better.

Comment

Since the top has so much white, I like the darker border. I really like white in quilts, nut I like setting them off too. The Black sets that pattern off.

Comment

Working...
                        X