HELP PLEASE UFO PROBLEM!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE UFO PROBLEM!!!!!

SAECK 4 COPIE.jpgSAECK 2 COPIE.jpgSAECK 3 COPIE.jpgSAECK 1 COPIE.jpgI'm finishing off all the UFO I started and I encountered a problem. I embroidered 5 shopping bags, but on one of them the iron transfer still shows after washing/boiling this bag. Does anyone of you have an idea how I could get rid of the remaining ink??

Would appreciate any tip and thanks in advance.

Got rid of some cotton. Now I'm trying to cut some fabric again. Still have to do one more raggy dog blanket.
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: HELP PLEASE UFO PROBLEM!!!!!

Good Morning, Michele
    Love those embroidered bags. Oh my, those flowers. I will be certain to show my Sis who is also an excellent embroideress. I cannot help you with the ink issue; will see if Sis knows.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I can't help you either and I sure can't see the ink
      Patrice

Comment

If it's only showing in a few places maybe you go back in with the needle and add some outlining stitches over it. I would just do the ones that are most noticeable. No one will look that closely at the less obvious places. Did you google to see if there is any info. on how to deal with the problem? Maybe contacting a shop that specializes in embroidery - someone might know of a solution you could mix up to get rid of it.
        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 27, 2011, 04:46 AM.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

They look great to me! Guess my eyes are getting old. Anyway, if non of the other suggestions work you could applique or cross stitch over the markings. Good luck.
          Susan

Comment

Your bags are fabulous. I couldn't see any ink. I like the add a little more embelishments inthe worse areas idea.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Beautiful embroidery! I can't see any ink, Michele, but stitching over it might well be the best idea.
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Must be something that shows up when you see it in person. Sorry no answer as to how to remove and I agree on the added stitching over the most predominate areas. They sure are beautiful! Good luck!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

You might try some peroxide on the lines. This has worked for me in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrice View Post
                    I can't help you either and I sure can't see the ink
                    on the first picture with the big lilac flower

Michèle

Comment

Originally posted by GRANNYMO View Post
                      You might try some peroxide on the lines. This has worked for me in the past.
                      I don't know what peroxide is. Can you please explain to me what it is made from? Is it some sort of a liquid? How do you use it?

Michèle

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                        If it's only showing in a few places maybe you go back in with the needle and add some outlining stitches over it. I would just do the ones that are most noticeable. No one will look that closely at the less obvious places. Did you google to see if there is any info. on how to deal with the problem? Maybe contacting a shop that specializes in embroidery - someone might know of a solution you could mix up to get rid of it.
                        Thanks Rebecca - I forgot about google, otherwise I'll just stitch over those d...... places. Things like that make me mad, because once I've done them, I want to forget about them and start something new.

Michèle

Comment

Beautiful embroidery. I can't see the ink either. My mom used to embroider like that. Brings back good memories. Thank you.

Comment

Well your eyes are better than mine I looked twice and still can't see it. I think your bags look great. Don't know how to get rid of ink either sorry.
                            :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Mamaquilt, Peroxide is hydrogen peroxide. At least in the US it is used as a mild bleach and I think nurses use it because it is good at getting out blood stains. I've used it mixed with liquid dish soap to remove stains.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide

Comment

Working...
                              X