Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double slice layer cake

Originally posted by Marty View Post
    Beautiful! I don't think I will ever be able to handle a quilt that is sooo large. Great color selection. How long did it take you to complete?
    Thanks Marty...I have been quilting for a year and I can finish a quilt in about one month. I do all my sewing on a Brother PQ1500S which is a straight sewing machine. This sewing machine is so easy to work with that I can handle big quilts. Some things others might be interested in: fabric was Indie Chic layer cakes, sewing machine was the Brothers Straight stitch sewing machine, the batting I used was Hobbs 80/20 fusible (the only way to go in my opinion on a large quilt) did have to stop and re-iron the quilt after I had had it all rolled up to FMQ. It makes a difference to re-iron if you don't want puckers or the chance of sewing over puckers. Hope this info helps new quilters.

Comment

Wonderful quilt. I purchased a sheet to try on a small project, looking forward to trying it. Yours looks great. Do you prewash the sheet?
      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Originally posted by MomGram View Post
        Wonderful quilt. I purchased a sheet to try on a small project, looking forward to trying it. Yours looks great. Do you prewash the sheet?
        I do not pre-wash any fabric...including the sheet. I did have to iron the sheet because they come wrinkly from being packaged.

Comment

Thanks , Anna. I make a lot of bigger quilts so really hope I like the sheets on my long arm. The backing cost three to four times more than the sheet. Going to give it a try this month.
          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

It turned out nice! I have used sheets before, and the quilts have been working out just fine. Good job!
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Love your quilt! Thanks for all the info. Using a sheet is a great idea! The machine you use is on my wish list! I have the Brother NX650Q and the harp space just doesn't cut it sometimes! Thanks for sharing!
              sigpic

Comment

Love the colorsin this. Great job.
                Debbie

Comment

Working...
                X