This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fabric organization

The start to my fabric organization....I am enclosing a tutorial on making the boards from postal priority boxes. I will be hitting all the post offices....the boxes are free!

fabric.jpg

Fabric organization money saving tip - YouTube
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: fabric organization

That looks good, but Postal Boxes are not acid free and could harm your fabrics.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

The boxes are not free as in WE the postal customer pays for them in the other charges we pay, and the taxpayers pay for them, to help and aid in shipping...

Also, the Postal System goes millions of dollars in debt every year due to the loss they suffer from things like this. Nothing is free.

Comment

Kensington, I do agree for sure. But I do think as long as we only use those which we received items in, used boxes, we are good. I would not get new ones to use. I pay enough already for shipping.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
          Kensington, I do agree for sure. But I do think as long as we only use those which we received items in, used boxes, we are good. I would not get new ones to use. I pay enough already for shipping.
          You are right, I watched the video and she used boxes that she had received in shipping and said she was recycling. That is different.

Comment

Julie,
            What I use for my fabric. I get empty used fabric bolts from the local JoAnn's store, or you LQS and I just cut those to the size of my crates and I wrap my fabric around those cardboard bolts. They are Free, Recycled, and Fabric Friendly.
            Last edited by momtutor; February 5, 2014, 01:00 PM.
            Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

The boxes are not free as in WE the postal customer pays for them in the other charges we pay, and the taxpayers pay for them, to help and aid in shipping...

Also, the Postal System goes millions of dollars in debt every year due to the loss they suffer from things like this. Nothing is free.
              I am sorry for offending anyone, but I did and I will continue to pick these up at the post office and re-use boxes that come to my home. I have a home business and I pay out the wazoo in postage. But if people on this forum want to get PC about a cardboard box and get testy about it, I will no longer participate in this forum.. I thought it was a great idea, EXCUSE ME!!!!!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

Julie,

The only one who got testy here was you. The others were merely stating fact. The cost of those boxes has to come from someplace, and using them for other than their intended purpose is taking money away from the USPS. We all pay high prices for postage, it's not only you.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Still, the boxes are not acid free. Your fabric could be harmed by using non-acid free cardboard. Comic book boards are acid free and will not harm your expensive quilting fabric. JS
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

This conversation has quickly taken a turn to the nasty side. She simply posted an idea and she's being attacked for it. I go to my local pizza restaurant and get new, free boxes for my projects. Is that the cause of the high price of pizza? The postal service has dug its own grave. By her obtaining and using boxes from there is not the cause of their problem. She is not taking them and then throwing them in the trash. She is using them. It's no different than going to a local grocery store and getting boxes. We pay for those too in the price of our groceries.

Good grief. No wonder people are leaving this forum. If it is turning into this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
                      Julie,
                      What I use for my fabric. I get empty used fabric bolts from the local JoAnn's store, or you LQS and I just cut those to the size of my crates and I wrap my fabric around those cardboard bolts. They are Free, Recycled, and Fabric Friendly.

Any store carrying fabric will give you these...also if you check, you can get the tissue paper from the patterns when they're changing out old for new. Usually just on certain days. That's a whole lot of tissue paper for projects...scraps, strings, etc. They just get thrown out
                      :icon_wave: Lynn

Comment

I do the same thing I paid enough for the fabric that I don't want any harm to come to it and I know these are ok.

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
                        Julie,
                        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

my J's wont give you an empty bolt unless you have fabric to wrap on it. So if you buy 1 cut of fabric you can have 1 bolt and they wrap that cut on it. no empty bolts allowed.
                          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

This conversation has quickly taken a turn to the nasty side. She simply posted an idea and she's being attacked for it. I go to my local pizza restaurant and get new, free boxes for my projects. Is that the cause of the high price of pizza? The postal service has dug its own grave. By her obtaining and using boxes from there is not the cause of their problem. She is not taking them and then throwing them in the
                            trash. She is using them. It's no different than going to a local grocery store and getting boxes. We pay for those too in the price of our groceries.

Good grief. No wonder people are leaving this forum. If it is turning into this kind of thing.

Well said...Thank you mommadeb!

Julie

Comment

What a good idea, the only thing is the boxes aren't free.
                              Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X