Churn Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Churn Dash

I finished 4 blocks from the Lost and Found layer cake. They were looking a bit bland to me so I churned up the other 16 blocks! I started mixing the blocks and I like them a lot better. I still have many more blocks to go (queen size). I haven't decided whether or not I will use the corner pieces (like Jenny's tutorial). I'll wait until I have all the blocks sewn together and their placement arranged to decide. I REALLY love this fabric line. It's soft and bold all at the same time.

churn dash.jpg

Re: Churn Dash

Very pretty
    Whether you think you can or you can't
    YOU ARE RIGHT
    Henry Ford

Comment

Your blocks look great! I love the effect the corner pieces look in the magazine. I would go for it if I was you!!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Pretty,pretty, pretty! I'm making the pinwheel churndash quilt for my son & daughter in laws 25th anni. in March. Hope I finish it I'm not very far! Your quilt looks lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I love the old blocks. Yours looks great.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Your churn blocks are pretty. I love that pattern.

Comment

this will look timeless. Nice fabric choice.

Originally posted by g8dhorse7 View Post
              I finished 4 blocks from the Lost and Found layer cake. They were looking a bit bland to me so I churned up the other 16 blocks! I started mixing the blocks and I like them a lot better. I still have many more blocks to go (queen size). I haven't decided whether or not I will use the corner pieces (like Jenny's tutorial). I'll wait until I have all the blocks sewn together and their placement arranged to decide. I REALLY love this fabric line. It's soft and bold all at the same time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67513[/ATTACH]
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I had a snow/sew day yesterday so plugged along with the blocks. I have another layer cake of the Lost and Found on the way. I'm pretty sure I will have leftovers to make pillows and a nice pieced back for the quilt. I have an idea for the corners but I will have to make a sample and try it out first. I tend to like quilts that have a lot going on design wise, but sometimes the simple patterns and less fuss are nice, too I do like the scrappier look of the new blocks.unnamed.jpg

Comment

This is so cute. The churn dash is one of my favorite blocks.

Comment

I totally love this! Must try it out, and soon!

Comment

I love this and your choice of colors is wonderful! Can't wait until you're finished.

Comment

I love your blocks, keep going! This is my next project if I can ever finish the "purple beast" as I call it for my GD. I liked Jenny's tute for this but I think she ruined the whole thing when she added the snowball blocks.

Comment

Cool! I want to do this one too. I can't wait to see more!
                          :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

Working...
                          X