Could this be my future....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be my future....??

Yesterday my friend came over for a visit, she is a speaker at funerals, she thinks I should do that also......I don't think it is something I would do.. I would love to work for a funeral home, but there is not much work....
    So we talked, I showed her some things I made, she bought a quitl!! and after that I showed her the little tissueholders I made, she loved them and bought some last time she was here, she said I will think about this little cute thing, who knows I can use it during my work....... nI had thought about that also, but never looked into it.
    So later that day I made some in what I call more soft/darker colors that could work at funerals......
    I took a picture and just was brrave enough to email that picture with a little story behind it to a funeral home here in town. I also mentioned that I could make Memory Quilts or memory pillow covers or whatever people would like, but the tissueholders I could make for family and friends attending the funeral.......

Today I got an email from the owner of the funeral home, he loved the ideas I had and want to meet me and talk about it. He said that he would love to look into this, and even wanted to promote me on his site if we could get to work together.......

That made my day!!!!

Here is the picture I have emailed him, let me know what you think....
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Could this be my future....??

Great ideas, wish you well with your meeting. I too make the tissue holders. Good Luck, hugs. Lynn

Comment

Dear Klasien,

Hope this new path works for you. Perhaps also make a coffin drape (about the size of a bed footend drape) that the family can purchase.

Good luck, Ruby and Don
      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Sounds like it may work out well for you. I think I'd like doing the sewing a lot more than having to speak at funerals.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Good luck with your meeting. Maybe this can be the start of a new business.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

That sounds like such a great new way to use your skills and make a little bit of money! Good luck with that!

Comment

What a great idea!
              Patrice

Comment

What an opportunity. This may be just what you need. Could be that your friend came by, and just opened the door a crack.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

I am so excited for you!!!! The proof of the power of prayer!!!!
                  ~Kathy~

Comment

thumbs up! wish you all the best in that adventure and think maybe there is a need for those memory quilts. Anyway, if the owner promotes you as a quilter, I'm sure you'll get lots of shirts and other clothing .Good luck.
                    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

That is a wonderful idea. I dated a funeral director for 10 years, and my sister works for a funeral home. Funeral homes are always looking for ways to help people remember loved ones. Best wishes.
                      My friends call me Peggy
                      The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

What a great opportunity! Good luck with your meeting..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

That is a great idea, and something so very useful for those that have other things on their mind.

Comment

Congratulations, Klasien that is great! I have been making memory quilts last year, and now have orders for 7 more, and it is only January. I think there is a business in memory quilts! If you want some handy advise, let me know. Maybe I can help you. Clothes are not always the easiest to work with. But also stretch shirts and chiffon-like blouses can be used, if you know how.
                            Hope your meeting goes great!

Comment

That is awesome! What a great idea. Best of luck and keep us posted!
                              ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                              X