Show off what you've made in 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show off what you've made in 2014!

We're only a few hours from being through the first month of 2014. Show us what you've done since we said goodbye to the old year and rang in the new.

We started the year strong. Partly because we are racing against a developing fetus and needed to get all these things marked off the list before he arrives. I believe things will quiet down considerably next month on the quilting front.

We worked on blocks for the Underground Railroad Sampler that we made into a bed runner. All vintage re-pro fabrics and it really came out nice. We learned so much technique too. Highly recommend all new to novice quilters try a sampler at some point they are a great learning tool.

We made this DHG (double hour glass) baby quilt for my brother and his wife who are expecting this summer. I hope that in 2014 that DHG overthrows D9P as the go-to quick and easy quilt pattern.

We kept the momentum going by knocking out this "Bento Box" baby quilt for a friend and colleague who is expecting a baby in June.

And I spent literally all day yesterday getting my bottom kicked by this (as yet unfinished) rainbow zig-zag quilt. I didn't get a current picture yet but it is actually completely together and quilted now. It should be bound and I'll post all the pics I have of it in a new thread once it is done hopefully before the stroke of midnight tonight.

Now... Show me what you have done this month!
    Loosely based on a true story.

Re: Show off what you've made in 2014!

Hi Ryan, I posted mine in a photo album:
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...bums-2014.html

I was pretty productive the first part of the month.

Let's keep a thread like this going each month?

Your work is soooooo inspiring! Love the colors you work with.

Hugs to you, big boy.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

So far 2014 hasn't been real productive for me. I put together four quilts for the bereavement group:

Bereavement QAYG.jpgBereavementQAYG3.jpgBereavementQAYG4.jpg
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

nothing.zip.zero.nada
        Donna

Comment

Here is what I have done this month. I've also been organizing my room. I made 2 of the Berenstain Bears quilts.

baby_blanket_f.jpg bb_quilt_cf.jpg bb_quilt_front.jpgge_quilt_top.jpg k_h_bags_1314.jpg memory_quilt2.jpgpatriotic_bags.jpg

I ordered some batting and just picked it up last night, have 3 quilt tops waiting for it so that is what I'll be doing in February.
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I finally got my Big Star done. I am still hand hemming the binding on it. I hope to never see this quilt again. Tons of quilting on it on my domestic machine. After being snowed in since tues I have gotten so much done. Two table runners. One of them I am waiting on the binding I ordered. Two quilt tops. One the diamond fence rail has been in the works for awhile and then my Lorax that I couldn't wait to work on. Was so tired of browns it was a great feeling working with those bright colors. As my "TOPS" pile grows bigger I am seeing a long arm in the future for sure
            DSC02727.jpgDSC02728.jpgDSC02729.jpgDSC02731.jpgDSC02732.jpgDSC02735.jpg
            Patrice

Comment

love the border on that second one Ryan
              Patrice

Comment

I've got nothing, except a pile of blocks that need to be put together.

Comment

I got some stuff done, ornaments, baby burp rags, jelly roll race top, and working on baby rag quilt.
                  Attached Files
                  April

Comment

OMG! All your quilts are gorgeous! Here I am with one little finish

2014-01-31 07.22.21.jpg2014-01-31 07.22.38.jpg

A 4 color Jacob's ladder set with blocks alternating directions. It just needs the label finished and washing so I can present it to my friend the Grandmother of the Baby. Size approximately 42 x 42.

I have two that just need bindings sewn down. Both were pieced by someone else. They're Project Linus quilts that needed quilting. I think I'm going to try my hand at machine binding for this one, a hand-pieced Bowtie:

2014-01-31 07.19.47.jpg2014-01-31 07.20.05.jpg

The backing is a bright bubble gum pink with flowers in the circles. It was pretty narrow so I put the border on it to make it a little wider and to stabilize the edges. I quilted it with loops and swirls.

The 2nd one was also pieced by someone else. Also a Project Linus Quilt that was given to me by a quilt shop owner at the last retreat2014-01-31 07.20.41.jpg2014-01-31 07.20.54.jpg. I quilted it with a stippling pattern. It's a baby-sized quilt, maybe 40 x 40 using 3" squares. This one was machine pieced. Interesting, Chief Quilt Inspector Buffy is checking out the part that has already been sewn down...

I have several more Project Linus quilts that need to be pressed, sandwiched and quilted, but there are only so many hours in the day.

I've been working on a quilt for my Nephew who is a returning Afghanistan Veteran. This pattern has 2 blocks, this is block 1. Block 2 is a 4 patch bordered by the light color, set alternating. It will be approximately 60 x 78 or something like that.

2014-01-30 07.42.14.jpg

And last but not least, I've started putting this one together for Marilyn's PICU project:
                    2014-01-25 06.24.29.jpg

This has been my Leader/Ender project for the past 6 months or so, the split 9 patch. This quilt will be 54 x 60 before borders, if any. I started putting the blocks together last weekend while I was at a workshop. I probably will have enough blocks to make 2 more quilts!

I have many other projects running around in my head, some with fabric gathered and others with fabric cut. Now if I could just stop working 19 hr days I'd have time to QUILT! The joys of being a bookkeeper during tax season. All work and no play is making Kathy very cranky!

Please excuse the poor quality pictures. I had to get a new phone this week (old one took a swim in the toilet ewwww!) I'm still working on getting all the settings the way I like them...
                    Kathy Crofoot
                    http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

Ryan, love all your quilts, lucky little babies who receive one of those! You've been a busy sewer, puts me to shame. This is the only thing I've sewn so far this year. I seem to have lost my momentum somewhere and can't seem to find it again!
                      Attached Files
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Here's my main accomplishment for the month

DSCI0174.jpg

I also made a pillowcase to go with a quilt (that still needs to be bound~made last month) for a girls home. I'm also finishing up a nine patch type quilt with these fabrics https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ons-layer-cake Not my favorite, but it's for a high school senior who loves theatre arts. Something about the fabric line had me thinking she'd like it.
                        Last edited by starlover; January 31, 2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

OK you guys have all done so great and now I really feel like a slacker
                          This is all I've completed this month, but will complete a dozen burp cloths tonight as well.
                          20140124_222314 (1024x768).jpg20140127_220424 (1024x768).jpg20140130_221728 (1024x768).jpg

And this is why I've only completed so little My beautiful granddaughter Madison was born 1-1-14
                          20140130_135920 (1024x768).jpgIMG9509261 (764x1024).jpg
                          Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Oh, Ryan, your (and Tabatha's!) quilts are so beautiful! I can't even decide on a favorite. I feel like such a slacker. Well, not entirely; DD#5 got married on January 11. Does adding a lovely son to my family count as something I've done? (Okay, to be very honest, I had little to do with it; I really believe this match was made in Heaven, and she and DD's #2, 6, and 10 did all the heavy lifting! )

Still working on one baby blanket that's almost done, and one that's in the works. TONS of 2014 projects I'll be tackling this year! Will post as they are finished.

Comment

Originally posted by GinnyKNC View Post
                              OK you guys have all done so great and now I really feel like a slacker
                              This is all I've completed this month, but will complete a dozen burp cloths tonight as well.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]67029[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67031[/ATTACH]

And this is why I've only completed so little My beautiful granddaughter Madison was born 1-1-14
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]67032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67033[/ATTACH]
                              omg, Ginny, your grandbaby is precious! I absolutely LOVE the giraffe blanket - is it a panel, or did you applique it? Would love to do something similar... add it to my list,

Comment

Working...
                              X