Finished piecing Amy Gibsons Garden Lattice quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished piecing Amy Gibsons Garden Lattice quilt

Finally finished piecing. What I learned this round is DO NOT forget the quarter inch when measuring. I am sure many of you understand.

My best critic (my wonderful daughter) was not thrilled with the border. I picked this fabric because it would truly add some color and pop to the quilt. So do not be afraid to be honest. My daughter is not really a flowery girl, she felt the orange lattice and the border did not quite jive.

Anyway, this one is now in the UFO pile. I only have five UFOs. I am going to try and get two quilted this week. No more piecing for me until I do.

Thanks for looking

image.jpg
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Finished piecing Amy Gibsons Garden Lattice quilt

I love the lattice. If I were adding a border, I would have chosen a fabric with some orange in it. It is really cute fabric, but just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the quilt. Ii'm not sure it has the effect you were hoping it would have. You asked for opinions, that's my opinion.

I want to make a lattice quilt, this lattice is more spread out than Jenny's pattern! I like it!

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts on why you think it does not work. Between your thoughts and my daughter trying to convince me to change it, i guess its back to Joanns for me this weekend.

I really do appreciate your input. Thank you!
      Karen

Comment

This is on my do list. In fact it's at the top of my screen right now. The border is throwing me off too. There is two different styles going on. The inside is great though!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Well maybe the border don't work well with the orange but I like it,Its fun! AND its perfectly done (unlike mine) lol EVERY quilt I have ever made is messed up one way or another

Comment

I love what you have done with the body of this quilt. Love that lattice look. I would have to agree with Jean, the border is beautiful, but it just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the quilt. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Comment

I understand what everyone is saying about the border. The thing I like about it, however, is that the border is made with deep, cool colors and the lattice is a warm orange. With this combination, I think that the orange lattice literally floats off the cool-colored border, giving the quilt a three-dimensional effect.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

What about adding a narrow orange border, or even just orange binding, to bring it together better? Love the lattice, by the way.

Comment

Eliza...I was just thinking the same thing..if you don't want to change the border...adding an orange binding would pull it all together.
                  I do like the floating effect it has though! Great job on this quilt!!! Ultimately it is your quilt...and you can do whatever you want with it and that is just what you should do!!!!
                  :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

I love the lattice, looks great. And don't be offended, but I would agree with DD and picked some color from the lattice pieces for the border.

Comment

Well. I heard everyone and I do want to say thank you all for your honesty. Off to Joanns I was today at lunch. Picked up another fabric. Solid this time. I am not sure how much better it is. I am removing the flower one tonight and hope to put the new one on tomorrow night or at least by Saturday. I will post when its done

Again I appreciate all of you. This is totally the kind of support I need from my forum family.
                      Karen

Comment

I love the lattice. Great job. As far as the border goes, I think maybe it's not quite the right for the main part of the quilt. But I do like the blue. I can see that it's sort of pulled from some of the blocks in the main body. What about using one of the blue fabrics from there, maybe make that border a bit smaller and put another small border outside of that in more of the orange tones to pull it together. I want to make a lattice quilt --- it's on my list for this year.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

You will enjoy making the lattice quilt. Check out Amy Gibsons wesite for this pattern. I plan on making another with some colors I really like. I might make a baby one as well
                          Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                            You will enjoy making the lattice quilt. Check out Amy Gibsons wesite for this pattern. I plan on making another with some colors I really like. I might make a baby one as well
                            I was so happy when you first posted her site. Besides the lattice quilt there is another she did that I'm going to start today
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think the border is great!!

Comment

Working...
                              X