Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Love Notes sample blocks. They're very small.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Love Notes sample blocks. They're very small.

This afternoon I decided to make some sample mini envelopes for the Love Notes--Jenny's recent tut. I plan to make a runner for my coffee table. Well, they're too "mini" for my patience. I squared up each of the 4 sections to 3". When sewn together, it makes a 5.5" block. So I went to Plan B. I made HSTs out of my already cut 5" squares. Each section piece is 4.5", resulting in an 8.5" block. That went more quickly. I think I'll use the small HSTs for a border. Not sure if or how I'll use the 5.5" little blocks. Anyway, when I get it done, I'll post again. Has anyone made either the large pattern, You've Got Mail, or the little Love Notes? JCYThe Love Notes Quilt Block - Jan, 2014 001.jpgThe Love Notes Quilt Block - Jan, 2014 002.jpg

Re: The Love Notes sample blocks. They're very small.

Never made one but they are adorable!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

There is a pic on our FB Friendly Quilters group of the You Got Mail. It is very pretty. Can't wait to see yours finished.
      Last edited by auntiemern; January 28, 2014, 08:10 PM.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

It is precious...but I know what you mean...I would get totally tired of them after 10 or 12!
        "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
        :D

Comment

I'm making a table topper or mini quilt, and I started out with 6" squares that I cut out of some heart fabric and a pink bg. I cut out 13 of each, and I'm not sure yet if I'll use 9 or 12 for the front. If I use 9, I can put the other four on the back and make it reversible by adding some other design element..or not. If I ever figure out where I put my camera, I'll show you what it looks like when I get a few more blocks done. I finished two, then pressed all of the fabric like I should have done in the first place. Then I got tired like I always do these days.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have more energy, and I'll find my camera. It's for sure a Valentine's Day/Love Notes project though, my bg pink is hot pink.

I've been thinking about making the full sized one with a Glimma layer cake I got here in the DD, but I'd like to pick up a jelly roll to use for the outer border and binding first. I'd also like to find it in a DD or on sale somewhere, but I don't know if I'll be so lucky, and my budget needs me to be very lucky this year.
          Last edited by SisterDi; January 29, 2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

I made the large blocks but haven't sewn them into rows yet. I'm also working on the minis but I'm sewing the charms together, so I'm not very far yet. I discovered that I have the same charm pack Jenny used in the tutorial!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I used yardage from my stash & cut the 5" squares. At least I don't have too many more blocks to make for a table runner. Every time a new tut. comes out, I want to make at least 1 sample block to see if I want to make it. That's why I have so many UFOs around! LOL I think I have 4 lg. blocks of the kaleidoscope (Stack & Whack) done. Other projects, too. They're all on my to-do list for this year. JCY

Comment

These are adorable! Can't wait to see it finished!
                Lindsey W.
                Inspiring Creations

Comment

Working...
                X