Happy triangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy triangles

I have been working on quilts, A LOT, really. But there is not much to show right now. I started a quilt with little triangles. The fabric is all men's shirts. But then I got a big order, to make five memory quilts out of clothes. And there's another appointment, to make two.
    But I love the triangles, patiently waiting right now, to get a red and a creme border. Just a glimp of the top.
    Attached Files

Re: Happy triangles

Love it! Your points are right on!
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Oh.....triangles are one of my favorite shapes! LOVE this quilt top! It reminds me of flags or banners waving in the breeze....like those triangle shaped flags that signal a sale! Can't wait to see this one finished~

Comment

How clever to use men's shirts! It's very pretty!

Comment

You're doing a great job on the triangles. It's going to be a very happy quilt!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You are one very busy girl! I love how you repurposed the shirts.... very nice

Comment

Very pretty, Lenie! Please post it again when you've finished it. I love plaids, stripes, etc.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Love your scrappy quilts! That triangle layout is fun to make.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Lenie I just love your homey down to earth quilts and style. I wanted to ask a question. Do you just randomly piece them together? I think I would get stuck on placement.

If you haven't looked in her albums you should go take a peek
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Love it!!!!

Comment

Very nice and beautiful shirt fabrics! How are you going to quilt? I'm working on a small triangle quilt and was stitching diagonally 1/4" away from each side of the long diagonal seam, but I found that doing it on both sides was causing puckers. Stitching down one side seems to be working out better for me and I have some rip-outs. So, I've put it aside for now and will have to rethink my quilting on this one. Curious to know how you will finish yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        Lenie I just love your homey down to earth quilts and style. I wanted to ask a question. Do you just randomly piece them together? I think I would get stuck on placement.

If you haven't looked in her albums you should go take a peek
                        Lorie, I don't piece them together randomly, I use my "designwall" (= white sheet on the floor LOL), to lay them all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                          Very nice and beautiful shirt fabrics! How are you going to quilt? I'm working on a small triangle quilt and was stitching diagonally 1/4" away from each side of the long diagonal seam, but I found that doing it on both sides was causing puckers. Stitching down one side seems to be working out better for me and I have some rip-outs. So, I've put it aside for now and will have to rethink my quilting on this one. Curious to know how you will finish yours.
                          I still don't know how to quilt it. I was just as you thinking 1/4" would be working.

Comment

What a great way to recycle men's shirts. Looking at that quilt gives me a really homey feel. Well done, Lenie.
                            HUGS,
                            Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

So pretty, almost nautical!
                              "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                              :D

Comment

Working...
                              X