New Table, Lamp and lanyard :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Table, Lamp and lanyard :)

A few of you may have seen a thread I did about not even sure if I should open the box of a new table I had delivered from JoAnns (it was not in stock any where near me) and of course when we did open it, it resembled the outside of the box too. But I was poking around and found a blog that had the perfect idea for me to put together my own cutting table! Here is the link : GeorgiaPeachez: How To: Cutting/Storage Island Table
    I couldnt find the hardware she used and I had no idea where she used the L Brackets but my DH did a darn good job fastening them together so they are sturdy. We used the table top off of my old wobbly one with fold down sides.

The lamp was an $8 find in the thrift shop that I manage and the lanyard is for the keys of said shop. Here is the tutorial for the lanyard:

?Sew?ing Seeds with the Two Peas {a patchwork lanyard tutorial} | Two Peas in a Pod

P1130434.jpgP1130431.jpgP1130432.jpgP1130433.jpgP1130430.jpgP1130429.jpg
    Attached Files
    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Re: New Table, Lamp and lanyard

Nice cutting table!!! Wish my husband would get mine done!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

You and your hubby done good! That's a great table...lots of storage! And that lamp for $8 is a steal. Way to go!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Great job. I like the set up.

Comment

great job that table is awesome. wish I had room for one like that my hubby would make me one in a split second.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Totally awesome! My mother had a saying she said she got from her mother, making "a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Great ingenuity!

Comment

Love it. Looks like an excellent, inviting place to work. I have that same lamp! Actually I have about 4 floor lamps and about the same in tabletop lamps. I got them for about the same price in a place out here called Christmas Tree Shop. The store has nothing to do with christmas. LOL Just really cheap prices. But those spectrum lights are excellent for any crafting or reading.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
              Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Thanks for the link, this is so awesome! It's on my wish list.
                sigpic

Comment

Looks great! I really like what you have done. We have been looking at IKEA hacks for my cutting table, using expedit bookcases, but that requires a trip to IKEA. I have a Target 2 blocks from my house.....For my cutting table, I have a door on sawhorses. i am ok with keeping the door, just want more organized storage under it - this might make it happen much sooner!
                  Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                  X