Hate winter, except for this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate winter, except for this!

The last two days we've been blessed with some awesome winter weather, a little warmer today, and spectacular sunsets and sunrises. I missed the last cycle of sunset/sunrises, but caught this amazing sunset tonight!

I must make a quilt someday soon with these colors in it!

image.jpg

Re: Hate winter, except for this!

Just Beautiful

Comment

Beautiful! Today was rather nice. Got the errands done to be ready for the big chill.

Has the wind started blowing there yet? It sounds like a train going through here. Schools have closed already for tomorrow - wind chills are supposed to be close to -40*.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
        Beautiful! Today was rather nice. Got the errands done to be ready for the big chill.

Has the wind started blowing there yet? It sounds like a train going through here. Schools have closed already for tomorrow - wind chills are supposed to be close to -40*.
        yes, I hear the wind picking up! I hope they don't close our schools! I want to quilt tomorrow!

Comment

It went from being breezy to 40 mph and lights flickering. Now it is snowing sideways........ I want to move to a different climate!
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Beautiful. I missed it somewhere along the way. I was so busy with the wind that went flying in at 4:30PM. Hubby left the house at 3:30PM with the temp at 54 degrees and came home at 6PM and it was 35 degrees. Just a short while ago (8:45 PM) it was 22 degrees and still dropping.

We have a wind advisory until 4AM and a wind chill advisory until noon tomorrow. Glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

Comment

I am quilting whether they have school or not. DD is off tomorrow. I do wish I would have seen the sunset though.
              Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              yes, I hear the wind picking up! I hope they don't close our schools! I want to quilt tomorrow!
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                The last two days we've been blessed with some awesome winter weather, a little warmer today, and spectacular sunsets and sunrises. I missed the last cycle of sunset/sunrises, but caught this amazing sunset tonight!

I must make a quilt someday soon with these colors in it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66547[/ATTACH]
                Your sunset is gorgeous!
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Red sky a night sailors delight!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Looks like a lot of the schools here in MN are closed tomorrow and possibly Tuesday as well. Lots of roads closed due to the snow we received over night and the blowing snow. Winds have been horrific all day, can hear it howling out there.
                    :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

Beautiful sunset, kind of like the ones I've seen in the high deserts here..
                      God sure knows how to paint the skies
                      May the road rise up to meet you...
                      May the wind be always at your back...
                      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

The weather you are all dealing with reminds me of why I will never move back to Jersey. I love your pic. And a quilt in those colors would be awesome
                        Karen
                        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

We had a sunny 63 deg. today--but that is the warm before the storm, which is so characteristic of Colorado. It's down to 30 deg. & is supposed to snow up to 4" overnight into tomorrow. If it's snowing too bad in the a.m, I'm going to skip my lab draw & reschedule. JCY

Comment

Jean, that is a beautiful Sunset.
                            Stay safe and warm friends.
                            sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

.......Red sky at morning, sailors take warning. I say this little ditty to my family almost every day. I don't think we'll be seeing the red sky tomorrow morning because the white out conditions will block out the sky. Sigh...

Now they've asked us (Minnesotans) to turn our thermostats down to 60* because of fire at a natural gas facility in Manitoba where we get our gas. Something about if the pressure in the gas pipes goes too low, other people will loose their pilot lights and thus be unable to heat their houses - and in these blizzard conditions. Guess we better help out. This is sure the worst winter I remember. Stay warm and safe friends!

Comment

Working...
                              X