Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Carnival (Mardi Gras) Alter Ego Quilt ... Plus a table runner from the scraps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Carnival (Mardi Gras) Alter Ego Quilt ... Plus a table runner from the scraps!

What a fun quilt to make!
    Donating this to my kids' school for their annual fundraiser which is themed Carnival (Mardi Gras)
    Still have the binding to do but at least it is quilted! Really love the back - matched the seams & the pattern in the fabric so it could be reversible . It is twin size.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    And the 10 min table runner:
    image.jpg
    Happy Quilting!

Re: The Carnival (Mardi Gras) Alter Ego Quilt ... Plus a table runner from the scraps!

So fun! I really like them both.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Re: The Carnival (Mardi Gras) Alter Ego Quilt ... Plus a table runner from the scraps!

Those colors are amazing. Sure fits the madri gras theme
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Really fun stuff I like them both!!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Love the colors. Great job!
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I love Mardi Gras colors. Your quilt is just fabulous!

Comment

Pretty quilt!!! Love the pattern and the colors. Hope it raises a lot of money for the school.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Beautiful and fun!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Bernadette, it is so pretty. The runner is nice to. That is one of those one of these days quilts for me.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Perfect Mardi Gras colors. Love the quilt and best wishes for the fundraiser.

Comment

That turned out so pretty! I love the alter ego pattern

Comment

I really like this. Do you have a longarm to quilt this yourself?

Very nice work!

Comment

That is soooo pretty! I love the mardi gras theme and that should really sell at the Carnival!

Comment

Thank you , and Yes, I do have a long arm and quilted it this morning! I have had it for about 6 months and love it!
                            Babylock Crown Jewel.
                            It was a surprise wedding anniversary present from my DH!
                            There was a post about it...

[I]Title of post:
                            My DH is a lurker here at M*QC!

Good Morning All!

Yesterday I found out that my DH is a lurker here at the forum! Hahaha! He is not a quilter, nor does he sew. Actually, he does not have any interest in sewing himself. He has, however, always been super supportive of my hobby, for which I am so very thankful and appreciative.

We were celebrating our 14th Wedding Anniversary and we had decided we would not exchange gifts because we are putting a pool in our backyard - and that is our gift to each other and the kids.

Well, yesterday we were talking about whatever and then he says to me, "I see a lot of fabric go into your sewing room, but I never seem to see any completed projects come out of there." I reply with all of the smaller projects I have completed in the past year.
                            Then he says, "But there is that stack of quilt tops in there that are not done and you keep making more." (I have about 12 quilt tops folded in a stack under my ironing board.)
                            Then, he says, " The kids all really want quilts (made by you) on their beds, all you need to do is quilt them, right?" I reply, yes, but it is hard to do on my machine and I have a few of the big ones at the LAQ now.
                            Then he says, "Well, the throat space on you machine is pretty small. So, do you consider yourself a embroiderer, a piecer, or a quilter?" I replied down-heartedly, "I guess I'm really just a piecer", even though I have hand quilted some, I do just not have the time to hand quilt my quilts and it is just not fun to fight the quilts in my machine.

(Ok, my DH is smart, but these are terms that have never crossed his lips before.)
                            Now, I have never complained to him about this or even mentioned the idea of a owning a Long arm to him, only have mentioned it here on the forum!

Yesterday, he asked me to go with him on an errand, he said it would take about an hour. So off we went, and about 30 minutes later he pulled into this driveway with a small sign that said "quiltfrog". I was shocked and did not even know about this cute little shop so close to our house! We walked in and they were a small quilt shop, but they were really a large long arm dealership! They had 8-10 different long arms set up for people to "test drive" and I am now the giddy and excited new owner of a BabyLock Crown Jewel! They will be delivering and setting it up for me on Wednesday!

I was so surprised and shocked by all of this! I asked him how he knew all of this information and he said "Why, the quilting forum on that website you are always on, Missouri Star Quilt. We should go there sometime."

I love that man! What a lucky girl I am!![/I]
                            Last edited by bhaggerty; January 26, 2014, 06:06 PM.
                            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Living in Louisiana....I sure could use those to decorate with this time of year!!
                              "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                              :D

Comment

Working...
                              X