• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyndiofthevortex
    replied
    Re: My UFO Display

Originally posted by Patrice View Post
    I'm figuring my DIL will quilt some of mine one day when they get passed to her
    That's what I've been saying to myself but it's mostly just been an excuse! After all your kind words I am getting excited about quilting up some of these babies. Maybe some easy small ones first, then tackle some of the harder ones. I love that Bird of Paradise quilt in the upper left. Now that's one I don't want to wreck with my quilting! It's small, so maybe I can have that one sent out.

I'm so glad you've all had fun looking at my UFO stash. I wish I also had a picture of all the quilts I have finished during these 30 years, many of them hand quilted. But they were mostly all given away. I sometimes wonder about them, but you can't ask, you know? I hope each and every one of them found a loving home.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

I'm in awe of all the talent shown in your photo - such diversification! Make up your mind this very day that you will honor your beautiful work by finishing those quilts this year. You owe that to yourself! Pick just one and start in... You deserve the sense of accomplishment you will feel.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Cyndi, all those pretty quilt tops makes a great picture. But just think of how great it would be at the end of the year to take a similar picture with a whole bunch of those quilt finished & ready to use! We know you can do it! I waiting to see the shadow box quilt when it is done. So get busy..........don't make me come up there!

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

That makes me feel better. I know what you mean getting stuck on the quilting. I'm figuring my DIL will quilt some of mine one day when they get passed to her

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied

I think you have me beat. I have 10 UFOs at this point.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I am TOTALLY impressed! Really...

Leave a comment:

• turena65
    replied

Wow... I don't even know what to say... Your piecing is incredible, your tops are all fabulous, your work is incredible. You CAN do this. Just imagine the sense of accomplishment when you finish those beautiful quilt tops and either enjoy using them, or give them to your wonderful family members to enjoy...

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Oh my, those are beautiful. I am really loving the one in the back that looks like flowers - maybe bird of paradise or something similar? They are all just gorgeous, so consider yourself encouraged and kicked ( softly) to get those quilted -sometime this year!

Leave a comment:

• Kateskloset
    replied

Wow, Cyndi, that is an awesome display! I am the opposite, I want to scream after several hours of piecing a quilt (my attention span is about this long-) I just cannot wait to get the thing sewn together so I can quilt it! LOL

Leave a comment:

• SandyWhite
    replied

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
    Here's Jack, in case you couldn't find him! He photobombs quilt pictures all the time. It's his thing.

Oh oh there he is. I should have read through the whole thread.

Leave a comment:

• SandyWhite
    replied

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
    Yes, these are all my unquilted tops, but remember, I've been quilting for over 30 years and some of these quilts are that old! I got them all out to organize them and DH decided it was worth a picture. Jack snuck in for the photo. See how cute he is?

As you can tell, I love to piece quilts and get stuck on quilting them. But this might be the year of the Finished UFOs! Send me encouragement or a kick in the butt. Either or both will do.

Where? Where is Jack? That's quite a lot....so which one to finish first.

Leave a comment:

• New York Sue
    replied

Come on now, chica!!

Time to put these BABIES to bed!

There is GLORY, glorious, in there. Come on, chica!

I posted a thread, I believe on 1/6/14, of my favorite Forum Quilts of the year, and I encouraged others to do the same. So we could share at the end of the year...)
    You know, the ta-da quilt! The 'I couldn't do this in my NEXT lifetime' quilt....

I know it's in you. Time to put these babies to sleep!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Oh, Cyndi - these are so beautiful! Just think how wonderful they will be when finished!
    Sweetie, it is VERY COLD where you are - those tops are just NOT going to do the job unless you get 'em sandwiched, quilted, and bound! Now get on it, quilty friend!

Leave a comment:

• Bailey65
    replied

Cyndi, Cyndi, Cyndi I know you can finish all of those beautiful quilt tops! You do such beautiful work and we have to remember that just because we are not happy with our quilting someone that does not quilt will find the quilt just gorgeous. I am positive that by the time you finish ALL those tops you will be very happy will your quilting! So c'mon finish those tops and be an inspiration to all of us...I know you can do it. Please share a picture of each one

Leave a comment:

• Gayle Russell
    replied

Wow! I had to really search to find Jack, he blends in sew well!

How can you hide such beauty? Get busy quilting and pass on some of that love!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X