My UFO Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My UFO Display

Yes, these are all my unquilted tops, but remember, I've been quilting for over 30 years and some of these quilts are that old! I got them all out to organize them and DH decided it was worth a picture. Jack snuck in for the photo. See how cute he is?

As you can tell, I love to piece quilts and get stuck on quilting them. But this might be the year of the Finished UFOs! Send me encouragement or a kick in the butt. Either or both will do.
    Attached Files
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: My UFO Display

Wow girl!! Look what all you have accomplished!! Woohoo - there are many beautiful quilt tops shown. Now you just have to get busy and turn them into quilts! Think about how many people will feel your love with one of your quilts - purchased or gifted.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I kept looking for a kid! I finally saw the cat. The quilt he is sitting on, the bright color, tilted squares ... that's the one I see often in the display at the top of the forum page and I LOVE THAT QUILT! Woman, if you aren't going to quilt that, send it to me! And your flower quilt - birds of paradise? I remember when you finished that one. This is like a walk down memory lane.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

You have some beautiful tops there! I would send them out to be quilted - one or two at a time so the expense doesn't eat you alive. They do beautiful quilting here at M* and they have ever so many designs to choose from. You should check them out.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

LOL! I do not feel so bad now!! I have about 12 that need quilted, but it definitely appears that you have more than me!!
          glad you are tackling it ! you are an inspiration to me!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Those are beautiful! My fav is the light blue with the flowers in the center of the pic.

PS: I just noticed your kitty too.
            Last edited by mommadeb; January 25, 2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Wow that's a lot of beautiful work!

I'll give you two kicks because I think I read that you wanted to make a landscape quilt once a month. Heehee. I was so waiting to see one!
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh my gosh Cyndi - what a wonderful display....I can believe that is 30 years worth of quilting.
                Took me a little bit to find the Kitty, but like Karen, I was looking for a kid - LOL.
                If anyone can get all those fabulous UFO's done in a year it's you Cyndi - go for it girlfriend!!!!

Comment

You have some beautiful tops there. I'm like you...dread the quilting and binding part.

Just an idea...there's a UFO group here that I just joined and we commit to finishing one/mo. That seems doable and hopefully will work. C ome join us!

Comment

Cyndi, you are so talented. Those quilt tops are stunning. They are worthy of being quilted.

Come join us in the 2914 UFO group! You could list your quilts there and use our random number to decide which one you'd quilt each month. That might get you through 12 of them. Well, since it's January 25, maybe 11 of them. We did "#4" this month, so put the one you least like as#4.
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

OK Cyndi, let's have us a quilting bee!
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Wow. Just.... Wow.

Comment

Those are beautiful! I must say, I feel panicky just looking at your picture. I think my MIL may have almost that many tops also, I can hardly wait to inherit all of hers.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Wow Cyndi, you should quilt them. They are all so very nice!
                            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Very pretty tops! I'll echo the comments about the UFO group. If it weren't for the new number each month, I'd keep putting mine off.
                              Yours are so pretty, they need to be finished and enjoyed.
                              We seem to have the same quilting style. I love piecing the tops, and do not enjoy the quilting. Sending them out to be done is a huge relief when I use that method. In my area of the country, it's usually 1.5 cents per square inch for quilting, unless it's custom. Those are 2 cents per square inch. You may also be charged for thread. The quilters here give you a choice of supplying your own batting, or buying from their rolls.

Comment

Working...
                              X