LOVELY fabric redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVELY fabric redux

A friend wants two quilts for her daughters out of purple and green fabrics. Well, our IQ fabric Lovely is about the only one with those colors in them that aren'y totally modern. I made these blocks trying three different patterns to show my customer this morning. My IQ quilt is above the blocks to show how the whole range of colrs go together. My scraps from the twister quilt were the perfect size for the Irish Chain blocks. And I thought the lattice would be a pain in the neck to do, but it went faster than any other block! I definitely will do this one again!

This is the first time for me to use any of these blocks. I lead a sheltered and narrow life and must branch out!image.jpg

She will choose 2of the 3 options, but one will for sure be the Irish Chain.

Re: LOVELY fabric redux

They are all so nice I don't know how she is going to pick! The Irish chain is so me
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

The Irish Chain will be stunning in those colors. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!
      I really need to get off the exclamation point.
      It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

I love them all! I think you should do this once a week so we know what to make. hee hee
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like all three of them too! The middle one is really neat.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I love this layer cake, too, as purple and green are my colors. I used it for my Big Star quilt, and have a lot left over since I needed two layer cakes to get two of the same fabrics for the stars. What size Twisters did you make? Did you use the whole 10 inch square to make it? I did that once, and my Twisters came out larger. I wish you would post a picture of the full quilt. It is beautiful!
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              A friend wants two quilts for her daughters out of purple and green fabrics. Well, our IQ fabric Lovely is about the only one with those colors in them that aren'y totally modern. I made these blocks trying three different patterns to show my customer this morning. My IQ quilt is above the blocks to show how the whole range of colrs go together. My scraps from the twister quilt were the perfect size for the Irish Chain blocks. And I thought the lattice would be a pain in the neck to do, but it went faster than any other block! I definitely will do this one again!

This is the first time for me to use any of these blocks. I lead a sheltered and narrow life and must branch out![ATTACH=CONFIG]66286[/ATTACH]

She will choose 2of the 3 options, but one will for sure be the Irish Chain.
              I love the first two blocks. Purple, green and yellow are my fav combo. The colors of crocus and pansies in spring. The colors work because they are in that combo in nature. If people don't know what colors will work. Look outside. Nature is never wrong.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
              Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                I love this layer cake, too, as purple and green are my colors. I used it for my Big Star quilt, and have a lot left over since I needed two layer cakes to get two of the same fabrics for the stars. What size Twisters did you make? Did you use the whole 10 inch square to make it? I did that once, and my Twisters came out larger. I wish you would post a picture of the full quilt. It is beautiful!
                Joyce, I used the Li'l Twister on this quilt since it used charm squares . I've made one using 10" squares and I love that size. That uses the regular Twister ruler, and you have 5" squares left over so you can use them in a project using charms. A twister quilt using LOVELY layer cakes would really be beautiful!

Here is the full quilt, my Iron Quilt entry picture and how it looks on my bed.

image.jpg

image.jpg
                Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 24, 2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Jean, that is totally awesome! It makes sense to cut the layer cake into charms. I think I prefer this size than the larger size. I can't say enough how beautiful this quilt is.

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                    Jean, that is totally awesome! It makes sense to cut the layer cake into charms. I think I prefer this size than the larger size. I can't say enough how beautiful this quilt is.
                    I do like it a lot! My bedroom is light purple, so it looks really good in that room.

The pattern is called Fly, Fly Away by Raggedy Ruth Designs. I got it from Keepsake Quilting, but also found it in a book at mt LQS.

I used a variety of tone on tone creams and batiks for my background fabric to go with the two creams in the LOVELY collection.
                    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 24, 2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I just love it. I saw this pattern on the net. It is beautiful, too.

Quilt - Twister Shimmer Quilt Pattern - #429166

Comment

Oh Jean,, I love the choices...have fun.. I'm finally back in the groove.. My DD is going to take the funky Barbara's Antique for a Sweet 16 she's got in March!!! I'm on a roll!!
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Jean, your quilt is gorgeous and looks great on your bed. It was one of my favorite entries.

Comment

Originally posted by goofyizzy View Post
                            Jean, your quilt is gorgeous and looks great on your bed. It was one of my favorite entries.
                            Thanks! After all the aggravation we had with this fabric, I didn't think I would want to work with it again, but I am excited to be using it again because these are my favorite colors! Now, if only I would get my packages from MSQC so I could get started on it!

Comment

they're all nice but i prefer the 1st and 3rd blocks they would be my choices.
                              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
                              X