Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of Lattice Quilt

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here is my attempt at Amy Gibsons Garden Lattice quilt. I kind of like it although i liked the fabric more when it was just in the pack lol. Anyway, need to make 4 more blocks, then a border or two. I wil probably change around the blocks once all 12 are done so the colors are spread out better.

I would for sure make another one, easy to do. But with some brighter fabrics.

Thanks for looking
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Start of Lattice Quilt

I like it, althiugh it looks very complicated to me! What color borders are you going to use?

Comment

So bright and cheery!
      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
      :D

Comment

Thanks much

I like the blue in it, so I am going to try to find a close match for a skinny border, the do a tan/brownish for a wider border around that. I will just get some tan yardage for the back. I have some extra stips from the orange so might find a way to incorporate them in the backing for a modern look. Depends on how ambitious I feel when I get to that point.
        Karen

Comment

When I first saw the pictures, I said "ooooh!" It is quite striking. Awesome!
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Like this very much! Love your disspearing-churndash pinwheel too!!!!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

Kathy, thanks. I made it from charms. It was really hard and I was disappointed. It took way too long for me. So I will have to give it a try with a layer cake one of these days.
              Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                Kathy, thanks. I made it from charms. It was really hard and I was disappointed. It took way too long for me. So I will have to give it a try with a layer cake one of these days.
                I did one also with charm size squares.....and the original pinwheel I just squared up to 12" and made cuts 4" from center....made it much easier!

dissappearing pinwheel.jpg
                ~Kathy~

Comment

It's coming out nice! I had her website at the top of my screen then my computer rebooted and I lost it. I had the white squares started too.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                  X