Flynn Quilt Loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flynn Quilt Loom

Here are (if I did it right) two small quilts that I finished this week. The tumbler block quilt was quilted on my Flynn Quilt Loom and I think I got the hang of it about 2/3 of the way through the quilt...... I think it may just become my chair quilt. LOL!

The second one is an Easter Quilt that I made for my grand daughter Abby. It is just done with "stitch in the ditch". Trying to decide if I should applique Happy Easter on it.
    Attached Files
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Re: Flynn Quilt Loom

nice job! Isn't it nice when something clicks for you?
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Love the muted colors on the tumbler and the bright colors on the stich in the ditch. Great job!

Comment

Both are very pretty. I too love the browns and muted colors in the tumbler.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Yeah, when I started on it, I never thought I'd "get" it. Then, my machine started acting up (the bobbin). Finally, it started to work and I got the hang of the movement. You don't get a lot of space to quilt. Actually, the whole width but only about 5 or 6 inches depth. Yes, you do have to plan and I was "winging" it. LOL!
          Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
          "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I quilted this one on my Flynn system too...I found the limited space to work on the quilt a bit frustrating...he makes it look so easy in his demonstration! Will try it again sometime, but I'm not as thrilled with the Flynn system as I thought I would be. Oh well...another lesson learned.

Pat
            Attached Files
            LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

What beautiful colors in your tumbler quilt. Wow!
              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

I wondered about using the Flynn system...the quilts look wonderful!!
                Michele

Comment

Both of your quilts are very nice. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Never heard of this Flynn thing, but that quilt is very cute! Love the colors. I have never really machine quilted other than stitch in ditch, so it looks pretty good to me
                    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

I just got a Flynn Frame, too and will start quilting tomorrow or the next day, can't wait! I got the system that goes through your machine, not the hand quilting frame. Can't wait! GOTTA be better at it than the FMQ w/o a frame lol!
                      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice quilts!!
                        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

great job!!
                          hugs and Happy quilting :icon_hug:

Carmen ;) from Germany, Rentweinsdorf

Check out my blog: www.bambine007.blog.de

Comment

Your quilts are gorgeous!!
                            Patti
                            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Love both of your quilts. I love the colors of fabric in the tumbler quilt.
                              Suzette

Comment

Working...
                              X