Ovarian Cancer Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ovarian Cancer Block

These are the blocks that I made for my May guild meeting. They are collecting these blocks to send to the Inspiration Guild who makes quilts to auction for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.

These are my most ambicious blocks to date - 30 pieces each. Problem is they are not quilte the 12 1/2" they are supposed to be....UGH. Problem they can't use them.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: Ovarian Cancer Block

What lovely blocks... gorgeous shade of blue!

Can't help you with the "not quite big enough" thing tho...
    You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Very pretty! could you re-do the outer border to give you the right size?
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Thanks bakermom. Maybe I'll try that. I'm sure not going to take the whole thing apart. I know the ripper is our friend, but I don't like it that much!
        ;)Nancy

Comment

Love the paisley!

Comment

Beautiful blocks Nancy! Have you tried steam pressing them? If they are just 1/8" too small, this might help...or not!
            Patti

Comment

Those are really pretty. I wouldn't re-do a border, I would just add a border if pressing doesn't seem to make it bigger.
              Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love the color! Think I would try the 2 suggestions above...try pressing and then maybe add another border to make it the correct size.

Nice job! Pat
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Love that paisley, nice work piecing the blocks. I agree - press encouragingly :-)... if that doesn't work, you could do another border.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Sadly, they are already pressed and I can't add a border because they have to follow the pattern. I'm going to measure my seams, but I thought I was being better than usual at being consistent with the seams. The kit comes with the pattern and the teal fabric and I just had to add the white, light gray or blue etc. Maybe I'll just get another kit and try to be more careful. Save these blocks to make into a table runner or something.
                    ;)Nancy

Comment

It sure is a beautiful block. With so many seams, only a very slight larger than 1/4" seam would really add up. Double check your 1/4". There are so many different ways and each ruler is different (very slightly) that it's a really difficult thing to get perfectly right.
                      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Nancy, love these blocks. I do a block of the month with the LQS and sometimes my blocks are just a tad off. I swear by my liquid starch and lots of it. It makes the cutting of the fabric much more accurate and the sewing as well.
                        The colors in these blocks are dynamite
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Those are beautiful blocks, even if they can't be used for their intended purposes.
                          :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Nice blocks, Nancy. Too bad they aren't quite big enough. But they would look awesome as a table runner for your own table....nice spring colors! Then you still can get a another kit for the charity block!

Comment

I love them. The colors are wonderful. Great job.
                              Suzette

Comment

Working...
                              X