• Annav
    replied
    Re: Big Star Quilt Top Finished

Great job. Love the colors.

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

This is one of my favourite patterns. I just love the colours in this one. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Vicky D
    replied

Your quilt turned out beautiful! I too bought the Lovely DD too but didn't get to do what I originally planned....this is something to think about - yours is SO pretty!!

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied

I went to the office to sew this morning and forgot to measure the quilt top. If the squares are 25, then the quilt is about 64 by 93 or so. I know it covered my sofa in the picture, and most of the lap quilts I do are way shorter than it.

Across: 25 x 2, 2 inch sashing, 2 1-inch first border, and 2 5-inch outer border. Equals 64.
    Down: 25 x 3, 2 2-inch sashings, 2 1-inch first border, and 2 5-inch outer border. Equals 93.

If I had made it 3 x 3 like I first thought, it would have been 93 inches square. If anyone wants to make a bed size quilt quickly, this pattern should be highly considered.
    Last edited by madampolo; January 20, 2014, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mpyles
    replied

Beautiful!!!

Leave a comment:

• mspepper
    replied

Very Pretty, love the colors. I did one in flannel and was suprised at the size too. Maybe shouldn't have been, Jenny did say the block was 25", guess I didn't realize how big that would be in a quilt.

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied

Originally posted by cathym View Post
    I'm also thinking of making one and also curious about the size yours turned out with 2 layer cakes. How many do you think would be needed for a queen?

It's a relief the bias edges worked. : )

I hope this isn't a duplicate. Sometimes this forum doesn't take the replies. 3rd try...
    I had to buy two layer cakes because you need two of the same 10 inch squares to make the star. I only used 24 of the squares, so I had a lot left over. I used yardage for the background fabric and cut those to 10 inches. I am going to measure the top later this morning, and will post the size.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Love this, Joyce! I really love "Lovely"! Bought 4 charm packs when they were on the DD for IQ2 and made a ton of stuff - bags, table runner, etc. Sold them all at a craft fair, so I probably need to get more for projects I can make for my house!

Leave a comment:

• cathym
    replied

I'm also thinking of making one and also curious about the size yours turned out with 2 layer cakes. How many do you think would be needed for a queen?

It's a relief the bias edges worked. : )

I hope this isn't a duplicate. Sometimes this forum doesn't take the replies. 3rd try...

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied

Originally posted by ldnanny3 View Post
    That is gorgeous and would you tell us what size it is using 2x3?
    It's in my "sewing building". I'll measure it when I go out there this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Beakkmom
    replied

Wonderful job, it looks great!

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Very pretty quilt!!

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Very pretty! I love those stars.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied

That is beautiful! Great job, love the colors

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

I really like it. You did a good job too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X